JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question has anyone had issues with shooting this weapon? My husband bought it and we took it out to shoot and for some reason the gun will not shoot if i try to shoot it, my husband can pop off a few rounds then hand it to me but no matter how i pull the trigger the gun will not fire for me.

My wife has the same problem with my P11. Your not strong arming it enough to allow it to recoil correctly. I bought her a Ruger .357 it fixed it.

Question has anyone had issues with shooting this weapon? My husband bought it and we took it out to shoot and for some reason the gun will not shoot if i try to shoot it, my husband can pop off a few rounds then hand it to me but no matter how i pull the trigger the gun will not fire for me.

It sounds like you are not getting it to shoot at all, not having failures due to limp wristing. The trigger on that gun is extremely long. Try to dry fire it a couple of times to get a feel for the trigger. Just keep pulling until the hammer drops, it will eventually.

Thank you everyone for the reply , I will definitely look into changing out the trigger and working on holding my wrist better.

Gunfreak , i do have a 38 bodyguard that is mine. i prefer the revolvers though, when my husband and i purchase a new gun i make sure to try to run a few rounds through so i am more knowledgeable about what we have and how to shoot it correctly and how much of a kick i will receive back.

Good for you you should be able to use what ever is available if needed. My wife has hand strength problems with some guns also. If it is not a gun you can shoot it is better to know ahead of time. I have bought several hand guns for the wife and thus have learned not to in the future, after she could not fire one of them.

The trigger on the p11 is not only very long, but very hard at 8.5+lb. It will break in a bit, and lighten up. Kel-Tec recommended storing it with the slide locked back for the first few weeks. There isn't a lighter spring available that I know of, but there is a "paper clip mod". The spring is held by a roll pin you can see on the bottom of the grip next to the mag well. This roll pin is replaced by a paper clip bent in a _/\_ shape to reduce pressure on the spring. The $0.25 trigger job is slightly helpful as well. Bottom line is the Kel-Tecs get better with age.

The trigger on the p11 is not only very long, but very hard at 8.5+lb. It will break in a bit, and lighten up. Kel-Tec recommended storing it with the slide locked back for the first few weeks. There isn't a lighter spring available that I know of, but there is a "paper clip mod". The spring is held by a roll pin you can see on the bottom of the grip next to the mag well. This roll pin is replaced by a paper clip bent in a _/\_ shape to reduce pressure on the spring. The $0.25 trigger job is slightly helpful as well. Bottom line is the Kel-Tecs get better with age.

Better with age......Got one for the wife and sold it before it got to the point of age, doubt it would have lived to an age anyway.

Her gun shot....six feet low at 30'. We sent it back to Keltec, and after 30 days got it back with no explanation other than "Replaced barrel and slide". I guess it shot right at that point but we felt it was jinxed or something. Wifey needed her carry gun so she/we looked at the LC9, and bought it. The trigger is similar, but not as long and not as heavy.

Happy with Ruger.

Mike