JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So far it's been pretty fun. Picked it up the other day and got out to the woods to "test" it out.

Noticeably, it's a big pistol in my medium sized paws.

Secondly, it is pretty freaking fun. Especially once I got the magazine to hold all 32 rounds. First five times I only loaded the mag to 20 as they are stiff as a mofo new. After five firings it loaded a bit easier, but I could not get that 33rd round in there. Still 32 rounds is pretty fun.

Thirdly, it's definitely set up to be a subgun over a pistol, this guy is screaming for a pistol stabilizing brace.

Cleaning is pretty easy. Only one pin holds everything in place. Take it out and the upper and lower separate. The bolt then simply slides out the rear with the charging handle.

A few crappy things though off the get go. As illustrated on YouTube, the front cap that goes on the barrel to help screw on the molded plastic bottom rail section was too big. As was the bottom rail section. This enlargement, extruded enough past the barrel's shoulder that my suppressor wouldn't thread correctly all the way to the shoulder. On the YouTube video the guy simply unscrewed the bolt and pushed the front cap back a bit. Well, mine wouldn't go any further back. I ended up sanding some of the material off the end cap and the bottom rail section to allow the barrel to clear it better. Now, after the slight sanding job, my suppressor fits up to the shoulder of the barrel's threads.

I'll get some pictures up soon, an internet picture of the front cap and bottom rail of it to suffice for the time being. This picture shows how close tolerance there is between the cap, bottom rail and barrel shoulder.

1564169731842.jpeg

Maybe Kel-Tec will make a .17HMR version and name it the DH-17. :p:cool:

Last Edited:
Maybe Kel-Tec will make a .17HMR version and name it the DH-17. :p:cool:

I'm still not sure if I'd buy KT but it my be tempting.

Sounds like a lot of fun! The "norm" with their stuff is after they get rolling they will come up with another version and deal with minor annoyances. The one making it hard to get a can on will probably be one to be changed. Brace would be wicked fun especially with a can on it! Last trip to the range a guy near me had just gotten himself the .22WMR version and was having the same problem with mags. I heard him saying he was only putting 20 at a time in it as it was too hard to get more in. He was saying he was going to try loading it full at home and leave it loaded for a while to see if it would get easier. He was enjoying it no end and shooting some damn impressive groups. Enjoy!
while back there was some guys made one Full auto to test some mags. They sadly of course can't offer them for sale that way and but it sure looked like a ton of fun. :D

The magazines take a lot of attention too. The very first time loading one I had rimlock like crazy going on. Took longer to empty the damn thing than it did to load it. Loading the mags is this guns biggest fault. Hopefully someone makes a loader for it soon.

The magazines take a lot of attention too. The very first time loading one I had rimlock like crazy going on. Took longer to empty the damn thing than it did to load it. Loading the mags is this guns biggest fault. Hopefully someone makes a loader for it soon.

Have never shot one but have heard that, had to pay attention to loading it. Given the way they sell, with people willing to wait in line for them, hopefully the after market will come up with something. ;)

While talking about this UPS just dropped this off at the door. forgot it was coming and when I saw the driver walking up with this on his shoulder I wondered what the hell Wife ordered that was so heavyo_O, nope this one was my fault. Love SGAmmo:) CCI.jpg

^^^^

Lol rough life you've got. Forgetting ammo purchases and all.

BTW, I'm a little jelly.

^^^^

Lol rough life you've got. Forgetting ammo purchases and all.

BTW, I'm a little jelly.

Stuff is $6 a sleeve from them (SG) still. I was paying more than that before the great panic shortage. I really never thought I would see it this low again in my lifetime. Wife joined a women's group at the range and has been coming with me weekly now so we go through 5 or 6 sleeves a week. Good cheap fun!

I wonder if the loader for the PMR30 would work?? If you have an Amazon account the loader is made by MakerShot, it might be worth checking out as loading the PMR mags are a chore.

Cycles subs okish. Out of the 4 brands I brought up to NFWC this morning, 3 cycled just fine. The Aguila subs sounded the best. CCI Quiet turned it into a straight pull single shot. I also shot a few bricks of CCI Standard Velocity, which worked wonderfully, and was nice and quiet.

However I learned quickly that grease isn't the best lubricant for the gun. It gunked up shortly after 150 rounds to the point the recoil spring couldn't push the round into battery. Without any sort of forward assist, I was slapping the rear of the gun to assist the bolt picking up a round and going into battery.

Loading the mags is getting easier. I'm able to get that 33rd round in now. I find loading 30 is easiest.

DF3F7F4B-3C54-430F-B620-0D73816DDD23.jpeg

Good pictures from the sanding job showing just how much of the barrel's shoulder is now available for purchase via the silencer.

For those that don't own suppressors, if the front cap doesn't square up against the shoulder, the suppressor could be at an angle. Which could produce baffle or endcap strikes.

3EC98E3B-527A-4B38-AA35-66425D06B81C.jpeg

18B9CAAB-93BF-4787-AB1E-ADDA9E196C4C.jpeg

Rest of the pics I took today.

Note that the barrel is simply bolted into the rail. Which means version 2.0 will likely have the barrel slightly more forward if I were Keltec to resolve the front cap issue. Also note that because the barrel is bolted into place inside what looks like a simple aluminum extrusion, there is a gap above it. Which has collected a bit of gunk in the short 500-800 rounds I've put through it. There isn't an easy way to clean up in there above the barrel.

183A0247-408A-443A-B602-5FCB50C391D6.jpeg

A538FEEB-DD00-4023-B777-B57F8FD3B354.jpeg

030EDC79-B9F7-4DFA-A848-B0C7533C8D5B.jpeg

0DC403F3-B435-4AB5-9606-2C03857BA2F5.jpeg

Pen-palled Keltec about the front end problem. They said thanks for the alert. I was hoping they would say, "Sending you new cap and bottom rail."

Oh well. Not that I'm overly concerned. Gun works fine.

Looks like fun. I've been trying to find one of these in greater Seattle area, or online for a decent price, and nothing so far. Glad you're enjoying yours.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top