JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Kel-Tec PF9 two days ago and I took it out this morning to fire a few rounds thru it. On the 10th round I pulled the trigger and nothing happened, then I noticed the firing pin fall out of the back of the slide. I didn't see how it was held in there, I couldn't get it back in.

Needless to say I'm a little disappointed, glad I tried it out before having to depend on it. I sent it back to Kel-Tec by UPS, I hope they have decent service and turn around time.

I sure like the size and lightness, I don't expect it to be a great shooter, but I expect it to not fall apart.

Thanks for showing me that forum, I found out other people had this problem, and it's a simple one. The firing pin is held in with the same screw that holds the ejector on, it must have been lose or a little short. When I get it back I'm going to apply a little loctite to it.

I've put about 100 rounds thru my new PF9 with no problems at all. From reading on the KTOG site, you shouldn't have any problems with it when it gets back from Florida.

You must mean the extractor,the ejector is frame mounted.I have an early PF-9,and there were issues with the ejector pin walking in front of the hammer,so after multiple attempts to fix it,I simply removed the ejector and pin.The gun runs fine,and although the last round of brass stays in the extractor,a new mag sends it on its way.A few hundred rounds later,it still works fine.Yes,I know,I could send it to KT and they'd make it right,but I have Franken-Bubba'd it,Errr...I mean customized it,so much I prefer it my way...

That's the beauty of KT guns and the KTOG website,reverse engineering and experimentation are actually fun,and I know for a fact that at least one of KT's gunsmiths reads the site regularly to see what the problems are and how they're being fixed.More than one idea that popped into someones head on KTOG has been incorporated into the "factory fix" later on...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top