Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

kel-tecs new shot gun ksg

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jmurray192, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

Never been a fan at all of kel-tec but there new shot gun is awsome. I found a backordered list for750. Anyone find it cheaper i think im going to pick one up. Any imput

Kel Tec CNC

2. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

if you can find it for cheap go for it, but it will be a YEAR min before production meets demand and prices are sane.

I have heard of people paying $1600+ for one.

3. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

Rumor has it that someone had one for sale at the Albany Lion's Gun Show - price in excess of $1800.

I think I want something else!

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

If I am spending $1800+ for a shotgun, definitely wouldn't be a Kel tec. :laugh:

5. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

Yep been doing alot of searching waiting lists are of 200 people everywhere guess ill be waiting

6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Never be the first to buy something. You are only PAYING to be a beta tester and usually over paying.

7. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

I have a keltec RFB, trust me if you buy the first or second gen Keltec you are really only a beta tester

SonicBlue03 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

The Kel-Tec add said around $800.00. Just wait awhile till the price gouging goes away. 9.5 on the ZombieGun Scale.

9. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Whats a PS3 cost? Whats a Wii cost What did they cost when they unleashed them?

10. hondakilla98

hondakilla98 beaverton, or Active Member

I bet in two years they will be better guns andhave a street price of $600. I wouldn't buy the first gen of anything, especially from a small company.

11. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Two things here.
    (1) I would never even think of buying any KelTec
    I would never even think of Buying any KelTec for the price these are going for
    I would never in any situation,time or tragedy EVEN THINK of lighting a 12 gauge KelTec off

Kel tec is and always has been marginal.You would have to be an idiot to buy and even think of shooting a keltec 12 gauge.

12. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Calling Kel Tec marginal is an insult to the word marginal.

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

My Kel-tec Sub-2000 is the best $275.00 I ever spent on a firearm. Maybe the 12g is the greatest thing ever, maybe not; only will know when I eventually get to live with it for a while.

14. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

The KT Sub 2000 I currently have for sale has been an excellent and accurate firearm. Kel-Tec overall seems to have a better track record than some higher profile (and higher priced) guns. The only reason I am selling mine is it did not really work out for what I wanted it for which was a quad gun when off roading. I decided to look for a beater 30-30 and get some sort of scabbard to mount on the quad to carry it in.

15. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

If they came down to around $600 I'd consider it, mainly because it looks so mean and is such a compact, high capacity 12ga.
    I won't join the kel-tec bashing club. They are an American company, making guns in America, with a lifetime warranty and very good customer service, and prices us serfs can afford. I picked up a P3AT a few years ago for a pocket companion and it hasn't let me down yet. Just because they have a name that doesn't sound Italian or German doesn't mean they are infeior in their market niche (compact affordable guns)

soberups and (deleted member) like this.
  16. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

The Sub2000, PF9. PMR30 and now the KSG. Keltec is doing some pretty sweet things lately. I hope the KSG is not only a success, but available soon. I never would have supported Keltec 10 years ago. With the exception of the Hi-Point carbines, Sub2000's are the best value in any firearms, in my opinion. All independent testing shows great value from vitually all Keltec products. I used to knock them all the time, but now I'm a believer.

17. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I think MSRP is like $880 or something.... the fact that someone would charge $1800..... that warrants face slap lol. I think even for $800 I would still pass up on that. Yes it's something new and different but I just like to look at it for free.

18. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Lorcin meets at least three of those criteria too.

19. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Its funny that Keltec can produce a gun for years and people bash it. Yet when Ruger makes a copy, they buy it up! I do get a laugh out of brand fan boys.

Anyways, that looks like an interesting toy, would definitely advise waiting for the price to drop!

20. BANG4URBUCK

BANG4URBUCK PDX Member

When I was in NW Armory a couple weeks ago, I was talking to the gentleman about putting a deposit down for one. He said after they had to refund over $2500 in Keltec deposits last year he wouldn't accept a deposit. He said I could call everyday if I wanted to check availability, but I have no intention of doing that. My point to bring it up is that they are listing from them for $659. That price is definitely approachable. But it's just a matter of waiting for the "hype" to die off. I will keep my eyes peeled however...