JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am interested in this as a companion to my Beretta 92FS.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any particular likes / dislikes?

I have a 9mm PCC that is great, but I was just thinking of adding this as a mag companion to the Beretta.

Thanks

Last Edited:
I have a gen 1 to match a Glock. Envious of the gen 2 in comparison. However, the purpose of the ownership was specifically to be able to fold and store in pack when I otherwise would not bring a long gun.

Here's the basics: unless you specifically want something that folds and stores in a small package, there are better carbines. Now if you want something that specifically matches the mags of your berreta, it seems like a decent choice, but I say that only from the standpoint of you wanting something to match mags.

They fill a small niche, but any AR pattern or AK pattern 9mm carbine I find generally more enjoyable.

Had 2, 9mm and .40. Kept the 9mm and still love it. first the Gen II is well worth looking into. They made some nice changes. The things I love about my old Gen 1 is the size and weight. It is very compact and light. Makes a great around home gun for this reason. The folding means it often has gone with me in a laptop case, with the laptop in there. Downside is the short. Hard to get good comfort for real accuracy but worth it to me. Other big downside is the very crude sights. The Gen II improved this greatly. If you get the one that is not made for Glock they will work with 3 different mags. It's just a change out of the catch, this has always been a very nice part. If my old Gen 1 ever wears out I will be buying a new Gen II.

I have the Beretta mag model. I bought it specifically for the unique features of the gun as I needed something for an open top vehicle that would fit in a lock box that doesn't look like a gun case.

I really like the rifle but here's a couple considerations, the rear sight isn't tall enough so the front sight base obscures your view, so plan on an upgrade. There really isn't a good way to mount an optic and retain the folding feature. Lastly, the stock is brutal on your shoulder, it's not the recoil, just the shape, plan on filing it a bit or use a pad.

I have to agree. I have a .40 S&W gen 2, Glock mag version. I like it because it folds down so small. Otherwise the ergonomics are not very good. The stock is uncomfortable, the trigger is terrible, the sights are primitive. If you don't care about the folding part and just want to get something fun to shoot, you'll be happier with something else.

By the way, when I said that "The stock is uncomfortable, the trigger is terrible, the sights are primitive", I didn't mean to say that it isn't still fun to shoot. It's a lot of fun. I can easily ring the gong every time at 100 yards, and burn through a lot of ammo in a hurry. It's just not very comfortable to shoot.

By the way, when I said that "The stock is uncomfortable, the trigger is terrible, the sights are primitive", I didn't mean to say that it isn't still fun to shoot. It's a lot of fun. I can easily ring the gong every time at 100 yards, and burn through a lot of ammo in a hurry. It's just not very comfortable to shoot.
When I still had my .40 version I had looked at some way to adapt a pad to it. It was so much fun I would easily burn a couple hundred rounds at an outing. Then next day my shoulder would hurt all day like I had been hit there. An amazing amount of recoil from a little hand gun round. Even the 9mm version I kept is too much for the Wife. She was the reason I originally bought it. Just too uncomfortable for her. Would have gotten rid of it but found out how impressive the ballistics are in the 16" tube and good ammo. So kept it for me and sold the .40. Crude is certainly a great description alright. I paid less than $300 out the door new though so only expected so much. The newer Ruger is miles above in quality and fun but still keep the little KT because of the folding. If I wear out the Gen 1 I will get a Gen II to replace it. They did do some nice stuff on the Gen II.

Thanks. These comments based on real experiences are very helpful.

If you don't need the folding part, and like PCC's in 9mm, take a look at the Ruger. That rifle has been the best money I ever spent:D. It comes ready to use a couple different kinds of mags with a 3d one sold by Ruger. They were real hard to get for the first year or so after they came out. Now you can easily buy one since they finally caught up.

What's up with the shark fin on the pistol grip?

.https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/modern-sporting-rifles/kel-tec-sub2k-9mm-luger-161in-black-semi-automatic-modern-sporting-rifle-101-rounds-california-compliant/p/1798354

What's up with the shark fin on the pistol grip?

.https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/modern-sporting-rifles/kel-tec-sub2k-9mm-luger-161in-black-semi-automatic-modern-sporting-rifle-101-rounds-california-compliant/p/1798354

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top