Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kel-Tec Sub 2000

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by RVTECH, Oct 21, 2008.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Had an opportunity to shoot one of these this weekend while camping/quad riding/shooting with friends. While I am normally not impressed with new high-tech guns I WAS impressed with this one. It shot well, the folding design is unique and it is lightweight and accepts stock Glock mags. Any opinions on this or anything else from Kel-Tec before I "pull the trigger" on one?

2. ainokea

ainokea Mountlake Terrace, WA Member

Get one, i love mine. Fun to shoot and reliable, it fits nice in a laptop bag to carry around:) Also Keltec is a very good company. I got mine for 250, but now i think they went up to 350 around here. There's also a keltec forum you can read up on http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

3. RVTECH

Scored one yesterday NIB for $300 - actually LIKE NIB but it looks like it has only been fired a few times. I am hearing these are beginning to catch on and 2-3 month wait is now normal for a special order.

4. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

I love mine, it uses my beretta 92 mags...

5. Margana

Margana Portland, Oregon Member

Kel-Tec and Glock have amazing customer service; no "B.S." lifetime warranties extended even to non-original owners.

My only issue with this rifle is the cheapie front sight which you may need to drift for windage (blade and adjustment screws are plastic) and the rather horrible trigger (about 11 pounds SA). But still it's amazing how better you can shoot with a carbine than a pistol at 15 to 50 yard distances.

6. lazyeye

lazyeye Corvallis, OR Member

Got one. Love it. It rides around in my trunk with a bunch of Glock 17 mags :)
    (except the one time some screws came loose and it stopped shooting)

7. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

The gun I sold you is falling apart already! lol, jk.

8. Hotwheelz

Hotwheelz Pierce County Member

I wish I had the same expiernce as you guys I got 1 about 2.5 yrs ago was the bretta mag version it was going great then it became a "JAM O MATIC" I tried diff. ammo still same thing what had happened was the feed ramp got a gauge in it from a round with the force of the spring and the fact that the ramp is made from the same stuff the outside of the gun is I called kel-tec they said to send it in but they said it didnt sound like a warranty deal so I sold it off to a guy who thought he could fix it I never heard from him. It was a fun gun while it lasted.......:dunno:

9. RVTECH

So far I only put about 50 rounds through it last Sunday and I had a few jams but that was due to the fact that the original owner did NOT clean out the shipping lube and coupled with the powder residue it was really stiff but the other night I took it completely apart and cleaned everything (including the firing pin and the extractor and now it is slick as snot! I still plan to chuck up the bolt in my lathe and polish off Kel-Tecs lame attempt at "parkerizing". ALso the edges of the bolt are a little sharper than necessary and those will get a meltdown too. Also I bought a real Glock mag and it now feeds very smoothly.

10. RICKGO1

RICKGO1 SPANAWAY WA Member

I have one that I am taking to the gun show to sell for 280.00 see you there

11. lazyeye

lazyeye Corvallis, OR Member

Yep.
    Screws back out, thats just part of life and getting to "know" your gun :)

12. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

thats true. And thats why there is loctite.