JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Kel-Tec
Caliber
5.56x45mm NATO
City
Milwaukie
State
Oregon
Looking for a Kel Tec RDB. 2nd gen.

Thanks

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Is there an official "gen 2"? I've got an RDB I've been thinking about selling (don't shoot much 5.56 these days). It has the newer bolt design as I recall but is an earlier rifle (as far as the serial number goes). I never had any issues with the original bolt (there was a pin that would walk on some people I think) so I did the swap as "preventative medicine" if you will.

Probably still have the original box etc. Think I have about 1k rounds through it. No issues once the gas dial is adjusted (otherwise you'll get short stroking and/or double feeds).

What are used RDBs going for these days?

Sound like you have fixed the common problems. As far as the price, tough to find any used ones. Will yours shoot both the 5.56 and the 2.23?

Older pic. Honestly it's been sitting in the safe except for 2 or 3 outings over the years. Doesn't have the optic or handstops on it anymore.

And no, I didn't let any of that rain sit on it very long :eek:.

I'm having trouble finding even new prices for these things. I paid too close to MSRP admittedly, don't expect to get my money back, but make me an offer if interested. Worst I can say is no.

I'm no longer in PDX like my profile says, btw. Need to update that. Not too far out of town now though (Columbia County).

RDB in the rain.jpg

Yup, .223 and 5.56. Never shot any steel cased stuff through it, only brass. I'm pretty sure I have the original box and accessories (came with 20rd magpul mag), manual etc. I'd have to check the box to see what all is/was there. As mentioned the handstops and optic are no longer on the rifle. It would come essentially as it did from the factory.

Edit to add: The original bolt (again, I never had issues, but better safe than sorry I guess) would be included as well for parts/backup.

Last Edited:
Well I said the worst I could say is no. So ... no.

Realistically, $475 would be pretty far from fair even without the current panic/sellers market we're in.

Real world examples: recent asking prices for used RDBs on Armslist are all $850+, admittedly asking prices don't necessarily = actual sold prices, so looking at recent (June) completed auctions for used RDBs with original box and accessories on gunbroker, they are actually selling for $850+.

If you can find a new one these days for $725, don't even think twice before smashing that "add to cart" button, because that's a deal and a half! Good luck.

Well I said the worst I could say is no. So ... no.

Realistically, $475 would be pretty far from fair even without the current panic/sellers market we're in.

Real world examples: recent asking prices for used RDBs on Armslist are all $850+, admittedly asking prices don't necessarily = actual sold prices, so looking at recent (June) completed auctions for used RDBs with original box and accessories on gunbroker, they are actually selling for $850+.

If you can find a new one these days for $725, don't even think twice before smashing that "add to cart" button, because that's a deal and a half! Good luck.
What's your asking price brother?

What's your asking price brother?

Honestly, not sure. I only just started thinking about selling it when I saw this post and realized it's been pretty much a safe queen.

Sorry to potentially disappoint, but currently I think I'm going to ask some of the bigger gun shops in the area what they think they could get for it if I consigned it, and then go from there. I'll keep you in mind if I end up back on here.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.