JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
JLuck has nailed it. I've shot a lot of rounds through a friend's PMR 30. Really neat gun, but not one of KelTek's best efforts. It's very light, high capacity, has pleasant recoil and is surprisingly accurate given the weird-feeling trigger. The big problem that I have with it is the magazine. If the rim of the top round slips behind the rim of the next one down, you get a failure to feed. It doesn't even have to be the top round, but this seemed to be the most common failure with this particular gun. The failure is probably because of the double-stack design of the magazine. It gives it great capacity, but unless you load it just right, it will FTF on you sooner or later. I've seen some people post that they have never had this issue, but J and I are not the only ones to experience it. To me it's a lot of fun at the range, probably good for varminting, but not suitable for carry. If you're going to varmint with it, you might bring an extra mag for quick failure recovery.

Numerous threads on this already.
Mine has been flawless.
Not one single problem in 400? rounds.
The early ones seemed to have problems with accuracy and failures to load, etc.
I can only speak about mine.... which is awesome.
I paid a normal price (310 bucks) and the inflated prices are RIDICULOUS.
Took a month to the day from the time I ordered it to get it.

Numerous threads on this already.
Mine has been flawless.
Not one single problem in 400? rounds.
The early ones seemed to have problems with accuracy and failures to load, etc.
I can only speak about mine.... which is awesome.
I paid a normal price (310 bucks) and the inflated prices are RIDICULOUS.
Took a month to the day from the time I ordered it to get it.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to pay too much for a KelTek. I have a few of their products and have never paid over MSRP. Well, once, but that was for a feakin' KSG. Had to be done. :D

Got mine to the range today for the first time. Damn that thing was fun. Its as loud as my 357 and shoots flames out the front the size of a dinner plate. Even if I was shooting blanks it would have been fun.

The mags were easy to load despite the reports to the contrary. No function problems.

Got mine to the range today for the first time. Damn that thing was fun. Its as loud as my 357 and shoots flames out the front the size of a dinner plate. Even if I was shooting blanks it would have been fun.

The mags were easy to load despite the reports to the contrary. No function problems.
Hopefully the bugs are worked out now, I know the one I have played with is very ammo sensitive. Some works great and other stuff wont run at all. I don't remember what was what though.

They run like champs, are loud as heck,and have a way cool factor. Had a front fiber tube fall out,had a new one in 2 days.

20140314_02142_edit_1403617155375.jpg

Man. I paid stupid money to get my hands on one of these, and I mean STUPID money! Having said that, the PMR is a freaking Blast! Light weight, accurate, high capacity, excellent crisp trigger once you get used to it, zero recoil. Feed it Hornady, it likes Hornady! I've not had a single misfeed in 600+ rounds, but i also haven't taken it to a full 30 round load, right around 22 rounds loaded you start nicking the case of the previously loaded round. The spring is tighter than I'd like to see, but I'm not a design engineer. Since 22 mag cases are so soft this will inevitably lead to a misfeed. Buy one and let the naysayers talk their garbage, while you're out having more fun than you really should be. Well worth the stupid money I paid for it, I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Mine is a bit newer, I bought mine at the beginning of last summer. It was right after KelTec resolved the bullet tumble issue. It's a decent trigger for a polymer gun. It's not a $400 trigger job on an old Smith and Wesson 66. But it's not supposed to be. It breaks almost at the beginning of its pull and it's crisp, the reset is positive. And I have no problem staying on target with rapid fire. Like anything else you buy there is a break in period for the operator. But you may be impressed with how well they shoot now. Or maybe your too damn jaded to give another a shot. Either way I'm not disappointed with the purchase I made.

I have one and put on the Burris mini red dot first thing. I had to buy the mounting plate. The sight is carried along with the slide in the auto load cycle. 9 good shots and down hill from there. Took it to the gunsmith and found the mass of the sight could not be compensated. It failed to pick up the next round. With the sight off, no problems.
Good luck, Roy

I have one and put on the Burris mini red dot first thing. I had to buy the mounting plate. The sight is carried along with the slide in the auto load cycle. 9 good shots and down hill from there. Took it to the gunsmith and found the mass of the sight could not be compensated. It failed to pick up the next round. With the sight off, no problems.
Good luck, Roy

You could probably do one of those bridge mounts for a red dot

dRfj1iM.jpg

You can't exactly slip that one into a holster.
I found the Burris was not very bright. At arms length, I had to have the pistol pointed nearly spot on to pick up the red dot. This was poor for fast target pick up. I like red dots. I have a full sized one on my Kel Tec Sub 2000. When closer to the eye, you have a larger viewing cone to find the target and red dot. The Burris/PMR was not a good fit for me.
Roy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads