JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently picked up one of these little toys ... I read some reviews and everybody had good grades for this scholar ...

I wonder if anybody heard of a foldable stock for this gun ... If your answer is positive, let me know where I can buy one for it ...

Also let me know what is your opinion about this little gun. Mine came with the handguard and a nice flash hider ...

Cheers

If you add a stock you make it a SBR, if you do it without the BATFE. Stamps and approval. Your in a world of hurt..... The PLR. Stands for PISTOL Long Range. Keltec also makes nice rifles that are legal, if you want a rifle...
A1

If you add a stock you make it a SBR, if you do it without the BATFE. Stamps and approval. Your in a world of hurt..... The PLR. Stands for PISTOL Long Range. Keltec also makes nice rifles that are legal, if you want a rifle...
A1

Thank you very much for the heads up. Will leave it as it is ... Maybe a forend handle ...

Cheers--
Nick

Adding a forward grip would make it an AOW. Once again, you'd be in deep doo doo, unless you registered it as an AOW and pay the federal tax stamp and get the ok. You might want to check up on your rules a little. Good way to avoid prison time.

But Kel-tec has a forward guard that has a Picatinny rail ... Can't you just put one of those grips that is also a flashlight holder?

Adding a forward grip would make it an AOW. Once again, you'd be in deep doo doo, unless you registered it as an AOW and pay the federal tax stamp and get the ok. You might want to check up on your rules a little. Good way to avoid prison time.

I think this does not fall into the category of a AOW ....

An A.O.W. is a weapon classification utilized by the B.A.T.F. to categorize and restrict those weapons that are not considered to be a rifle, pistol, or machinegun. An example of an A.O.W. is a short-barreled shotgun or a pen-gun.

Check your rules!!!! You add a forward grip, it's an AOW. Doesn't matter if it also has a flashlight. It's a stupid pointless law in my opinion, but it's a law. They don't care if the manufacture put rails on it. The second you add a vertical forward grip to a pistol, it's an AOW, and you start violating laws. Don't believe me...call any gun shop in town, call the BATF, call you local law enforcement. It's your prison sentence if you get caught. Just trying to pass along some advice to keep you out of trouble. Law enforcement is quick to point out that "ignorance is no excuse". You might be ok with the Magpul Angled Fore Grip AFG™ - Angled Fore Grip

P.S.

Read your own letter you posted the link to. Second to last paragraph...

"To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1, "Application to Make and Register a Firearm." The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant's fingerprints; a photograph; and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an "AOW" is not prohibited in the applicant's State of residence, the form will be approved. Only then may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun."

You have to register it. Can't just add a forward grip.

I guarantee you adding a vertical foregrip to a plr is illegal, unless you have a tax stamp on an approved form 1 to make it a SBR and AOW. The punishment for this is 10 years in federal prison, granted you aren't a celebrity or have millions of dollars for attorneys to fight this in court. If you really want to add a stock and vfg, just download the form 1 from the ATF website, create a trust in quicken willmaker, fill out the form, enclose the form, check for $200 to ATF and a copy of your trust in an envelope, send it in to the Nfa branch of the ATF, wait 3-5 months, receive approved form and add stock and vfg. This is easier than having a serious felony on your hands.

P.S.

Read your own letter you posted the link to. Second to last paragraph...

"To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1, “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.” The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints; a photograph; and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an “AOW” is not prohibited in the applicant’s State of residence, the form will be approved. Only then may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun."

You have to register it. Can't just add a forward grip.

The NFA further defines the term “any other weapon” (AOW) as:

… any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire. Such term shall not include a pistol or revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition.

How about that? Such term (i.e. aow) shall not include a pistol or revolver having a rifled bore ... ... I'll call BATF on Monday ...

Actually Kel-Tec makes an optional fore end for this gun that is legal to own without a tax stamp

But the OP asked about adding a fore grip to the fore end, that would make it illegal unless you get the tax stamp. And if a SBR it would be illegal in WA even with the stamp.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

For all of you who were very nice to assist me in my inquiry, here's the answer I got this morning from BATFE:

This refers to your e-mail to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), regarding the Magpul AFG (Angled Fore-Grip), and ask about the lawfulness of attaching the Magpul AFG to certain pistols.

In response to your specific question, installing a Magpul AFG on the pistol you describe wound not change its classification, thus would not be considered an AOW.

Finally, we advise you to confirm that installing a Magpul AFG on a pistol does not violate any State laws or local ordinances where you reside.

We thank you for your inquiry and trust the foregoing has been responsive.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives

Firearms Technology Branch

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25405-9431

Cheers--
Nick

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class