Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

kel-tec p11

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Saigashooter, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Saigashooter

Saigashooter Or coast Member

any body has 1 ? do you like it ? for sale ? i want to get one so let me know if you see 1 at a good deal please.

thank you.

2. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Join the Keltec Owners Group messageboard! Tons of information and fan-raves. Buy-sell too. Honest info about the repair history issue and good customer service of Keltec.

Until my tragic boating accident I had a P-11, very early manufacture and bought used and naked (no box or manual). It's rather brilliantly designed and very easy to strip and clean. HOWEVER, the thing is double-action only with a long, heavy trigger like crushing steel cans. That's its safety; it takes a very deliberate strong pull on the trigger to fire, almost like a four-finger grip. On the other hand, once you get used to it it is VERY accurate--I heard that they get their barrels from the same maker as Glock. Mine never failed in any way in over two hundred rounds, BUT there are some (few) instances of them failing without warning. In spite of its very light weight the recoil is not severe at all, but you probably don't want to shoot +P+ ammo.

One little known fact about the Keltec P11 is that it fits Smith and Wesson Series 59 double stack magazines. You can carry a fifteen round spare mag!

I was confident in my P11; I think it is a good, inexpensive, reliable pistol.......................elsullo :thumbup:

3. Saigashooter

Saigashooter Or coast Member

thanks 4 the info

4. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

I have one for carry and it is very good for that purpose. I also have a smith 5903 and the factory smith mags do fit the p-11 but the Mecgar mags that I got for the smith dont fit the keltec which I think is strange considering mecgar built the original p-11 mags.

a few notes on the keltec:

It doesn't come with the smoothest trigger from the factory but can easily be polished per the instuctions keltec owners forum

It does not like to be limp wristed it will stove pipe and fail to feed in the hands of inexperinced shooters

The first thing that I would buy when get it is a Houge jr. band grip and maybe some snap caps for dry fire practice it takes a while to get used to the loooong trigger pull and you wouldn't want to waste any ammo these days.