JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the rifle version of the 30 round PMR 30 in 22 Magnum. I just noticed there are several on G--Broker all in excess of a grand. Since you still can not buy a PMR 30 for MSRP or less, how long before these come down to a reasonable price? Another Unicorn ;)? cmr30.jpg

My luck with Kel-Tec products has been quite good and I'd definitely like to try this carbine out but I've mostly transitioned away from plastic guns and wouldn't be interested in buying this unless it were $400 or less.

When Kel-Tec first came out with the PMR 30 I loved the idea and wanted one. At the original MSRp of ~$350 it was a cool gun for the price, but with the crazy street prices at close to double that I got turned off. Also, .22 mag prices are more than 9mm. I would rather get a glock with a 30rd mag and pop off some 9mm for the price of .22mag.

As with the pistol, the rifle is way too overpriced for what it is. PSA makes a 9mm ar carbine for $600. That would be a better gun in my opinion.

A Kel-Tec product being "available" is always a bit of an oxymoron. If you are wanting to pay higher than MSRP on gunbroker, then sure, they are available. But for the most part, you won't see those available with any regularity at a LGS any time soon. In fact, if they follow the pattern of their KSG and PMR30 pistol, those may never actually be a regular item on a shelf.

I don't know if Kel-Tec simply has a bad production department that can't keep up with demand, or a really good marketing department that keeps production artificially low to drive demand and prices. Either way, they are a frustrating company to deal with as a dealer. Very few of their products are EVER available from distributors.

Kel Tec are very innovative. I carry their 380. Awesome value generally but I am wondering why you would want a semi auto rifle in a calibre that is going for $0.38 / round?

When 17 HMR came out I considered $0.11 too much for a rim fire semi and went with a bolt.

I'm inclined to think the scarcity of many of Kel-Tec products must be at least partly deliberate. From what I've read they're the 5th or 6th largest gun manufacturer in the nation. Can it really be that hard for them to come a little closer to meeting demand?

This one is on my list to get, but not at $1000 over retail. I'll also wait 1-2 gens for the bugs to be worked out. I hope my PMR30 mags work with it since I have a pile of those.

$1000 for a keltec........not on your life.
$300? Haha nope
The 1 that cracks me up is putting a plastic 12ga keltec next to your face for a grand
Wonder if it will feed as good as the pistol?
And if you say yours has been 100% reliable, I'll say right now you are fibbing ,haven't shot it much or have an anomaly.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I have had several KT's, right now I had a P-40 with both the .40 and .357 SIG barrels. It has been 100% IF you do your part. You know, like not limp wristing it. Yes, it's a handful to shoot but it goes bang everytime too. I also have a .380, a SU16C and a KSG. I've had other's but this is what I'm down to. Did have some problems with the first 9mm I had, but some polishing of the feed ramp cured it.

Just how many have you had mjb?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I saw a few years ago that didn't fire at the range.That was enough to keep me from buying any.
Why when there are better quality firearms out there for a little more money.
Besides I don't keep guns that long and the resale value isn't there

It's a curiosity, and it would be fun to have one. I would still like to get a PMR30, but I'm not paying $500+ for one - which probably means I'll never own one :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top