JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No worries- Kel Tec will make more of them. How much did Freddies want for the black KSG's?

Geno

IIRC it was around $900. Fred's is usually pretty close to retail. I was just impressed because you don't see them real often, and here on a gun counter maybe fifteen feet long were three of them - in a grocery store no less!

IIRC it was around $900. Fred's is usually pretty close to retail. I was just impressed because you don't see them real often, and here on a gun counter maybe fifteen feet long were three of them - in a grocery store no less!
Several years ago I was shocked to see the Freddie's in Puyallup sold guns. I did not know any of them did. Was in there to grab something while down there and saw a Ruger banner so of course had to drift that way. Gun case with hand guns and some "Black Rifles". Price was OK, not great but not bad. It just shocked me to see they were there at all. The ones around me had LONG ago stopped even selling ammo.

The black models are in the $700-750 range- at least at the gun stores I shop. I got mine from Prepper Gun Shop in ND for about $779. They sell the black KSG for $679, the cheapest I've seen them. Shipping and insurance added another $40, so it was around $820 out the door.

Geno

My KSG is finally home- more upgrades are on the way.

Geno
home_6-6-17_001.jpg home_6-6-17_002.jpg

The cheap vertical I had grip did NOT last long- a buddy broke it while pumping it. I put a Magpul AFG on it while I decide what type of vertical grip on it (metal).

Geno
View attachment 462142

There is pics somewhere on the net of a guy who lost a large portion of his left hand that way. Was fast firing with a vertical and same thing happened. It broke and it put his hand in front of the muzzle as it fired. Made for a nasty mess of his left hand.

I've tried to like this shotgun, having to manually switch tubes and re-rack kind of defeated the purpose of the extra tube in my eyes.

The UTAS UTS15 would be my choice for double tube fed shotguns.

No need to switch anything, just keep pumping and pulling the trigger.

I've tried to like this shotgun, having to manually switch tubes and re-rack kind of defeated the purpose of the extra tube in my eyes.

The UTAS UTS15 would be my choice for double tube fed shotguns.

No need to switch anything, just keep pumping and pulling the trigger.

I've had my KSG for a little while now- if you get used to keeping track of your shots, flipping a switch and feeding off the other tube isn't so hard. But in a real-life situation, I could see how running dry on one tube would have lethal consequences. I'm already used to how the KSG works- it works for me. It does daily duty as my home defense shotgun.

Geno

There is pics somewhere on the net of a guy who lost a large portion of his left hand that way. Was fast firing with a vertical and same thing happened. It broke and it put his hand in front of the muzzle as it fired. Made for a nasty mess of his left hand.

I've seen that pic- definitely on my mind when I run tactical drills with the KSG. The AFG does beat your hand up, especially when using 00 buckshot. But hand placement is positive, whether pumping or shooting.

Geno

The cheap vertical I had grip did NOT last long- a buddy broke it while pumping it. I put a Magpul AFG on it while I decide what type of vertical grip on it (metal).

Geno
View attachment 462142

The horrific accidents with the KSG have all been attributed to vertical grip breakage, notably airsoft grips. I'm glad your friend still has all his fingers! I tried several grips and finally decided that the AFG fit and worked the best and I prefer the extra surface area of the AFG over the AFG 2. The one below is foliage green.

I also bought a metal reinforcement from Hitech for the plastic lower picatinny to make sure things are solid there as well. There is also an extended version of the rail if you want to add a small laser in front of the grip.
upload_2018-5-21_17-48-33.png
BTW - the limbsaver did not make the cut since I always find myself adjusting it. I also have a combination choke/muzzle break/breacher I plan to add, but want to test some ammo with and without.

The AFG also makes the ergos with the flashlight very good:
upload_2018-5-21_18-3-30.png

Stock photo of the reinforcement. It has four VERY secure attachments to the plastic rail.
HTC-107_b_pop.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads