JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i was out at Four Corners gun club last weekend and grabbed a business card for a new gunsmith in Keizer. As luck would have it the moment i need it i can not find the card.

Ring a bell with anyone? got contact info?

thanks,

Andy

Are you talking about Kevin? He's off Cherry street near the ODFW headquarters?

If so he's not a new gunsmith he is the one that Marion county made move out of Olies gunshop. He does excellent work and has a huge amount of experience.

Thanks for the post I need to go see him as well. I contacted a gs in pdx guy said would call back with estimate but neve did. Guess didn't want the work.

Everyone gives me the wise guy Tude when I say this, but PISCO in Coquille is the best in the PacNW. I took my browning pump to Richs in Donald. Told him it wouldn't cycle a spent shell. He tried to mimic it, to fix it. Couldn't mimic it. Charged me 50.00 for zero help. I was rather pissed off at rich. Known him for 30 years. This gun started doing this to me in SD while pheasant hunting. Tossed the gun in the safe for 5 years, and gave up. Took it to Pisco. They said why did he charge with no fix?? I said that's what I said. Pisco found 5 major issues and fixed it. 125.00. Among the issues a crushed receiver. 5 things!!! Rich found nada.
Just ship the gun to them. It's easy.

Oregonhunter5.....why are you running spent shells thru your gun. Once a shell is fired they usually dont feed the same as a loaded round.
Or do you mean after the shell is fired, it wouldnt complete the cycle?

I never ever charge folks, if I cant fix it!

Guy in Keizer is great I'm sure. I'm just saying if you want the best around use Pisco.
After shot was fired it woundnt eject out. And there were multiple issues why it wouldn't.

I'm confused. Is Rich in Donald the same guy as Keith in Keiser? If so, why does he use 2 names and 2 different towns? Sounds shady!

2 completely different smiths.

Kevin's work is good, but his estimating can be a little off. Get a firm price from him is at all possible and you will be pleased with what he does for your gun.

Dropped the pistol of with Kevin today for a quick and simple repair, was willing to do it while i waited but It was close to closing time on Friday.
Seams like a really nice guy. Should have the pistol back in a day or so. There are great smiths all over this great state, but I am not wanting to drive the distance if I can support someone local that has a good rep.

Kevin did some work on my husband's CZ 82 last month and he was really pleased with the work and the price. If I ever need anything done I'll go see Kevin first.

Well we will find out what kind of a job he does on my rifle re-barrel if I ever get it back. He has had my Savage 99 for over TEN MONTHS now!

Is it just me or does that seem excessive?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top