JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over the years I've bought a shotgun, and several pistols from Keith's.

I've done a transfer of a surplus Mauser from AIM Surplus through Keith's.

They seem to have the very best prices in the Portland Metro area. When I was looking for a Rock Island Armory 1911 earlier this year, they were over $100 cheaper, for the same pistol, than the shop nearest my house, in Hillsboro.

They have the best selection of firearms and accessories.

They don't BS, and they have a low tolerance of BS from customers.

I've never had to use them to get service for anything, so can't comment about that.

They are always packed, and so you have to wait around to talk to a salesperson.

I have no problems recommending them to anyone.

$379 @ Keith's, brand new.

Other prices around town were $399 @ Gun Broker in Tigard, $460 @ Powderhorn, $495 @ Beavercreek Armory.

These were in April of 2008, prices now are surely higher...

I also got a Stoeger Cougar for $329 @ Keith's when I got the RIA 1911.

I've bought several guns from Keith's over the years and they DO have the best selection and prices, but I don't think their customer service is all that great. Most times it seems as though they would rather be doing or working somewhere else than to actually have to be "bothered" with helping the customer. Now that is fine with me. I'm not a noob, and I know exactly what I'm looking for or what I'm going to buy when I shop at their store/gunshow.
Overall I give them an A, and for customer service a C. That's just my .02. I will to continue to buy there when feasible, and recommend others to shop there also.

I have to agree with spookshack, their selection and prices can't be beat. Unfortunately, I also have to agree with him that their customer service is pretty bad. God help the other local shops if they ever improve in that department.

I have bought a couple of guns from them, a Taurus 24/7 pro 9mm and an 870 express. The prices are very good, better than most online prices that I've found. If you know what you want, then they probably have it for a very good price. If you are looking for your first gun, check out the Gun Broker in Tigard or Clackamas, they have always been very helpful and nice.

However; I called them last week and asked what the price for a KelTec Sub-2000 for the Glock 17 was. They said they should get them in soon, and the price would be around $500!!! That is crazy. The salesperson said it was a slight increase in price, and I informed her that it was about a $200 price increase, which kind of goes beyond slight. I called the Northwest Armory, and they said they would be getting some in when Kel Tec had them, and the price would be $309. I guess it is what it is.

However; I called them last week and asked what the price for a KelTec Sub-2000 for the Glock 17 was. They said they should get them in soon, and the price would be around $500!!! That is crazy. The salesperson said it was a slight increase in price, and I informed her that it was about a $200 price increase, which kind of goes beyond slight. I called the Northwest Armory, and they said they would be getting some in when Kel Tec had them, and the price would be $309. I guess it is what it is.

Maybe they misheard you and thought you were talking about a G17... I couldn't see anyone charging that much for a Sub-2000

I gave Keith's a 5. If you would have asked after the first time I went in there it would be a 2. Once I purchased a few guns and got to know a few of the guys around there they opened up to me quite a bit. I can't remember his name for the life of me, but one of the younger guys that worked there ALWAYS helped me out. I'd usually just go in and browse the used stuff and he knew right when to come over and help me.

I like that they are busy enough that I can get a chance to look stuff over without someone bothering me, but they are available enough that I can fondle something once I've found it :p

I've been a customer for several years. You have to remember most gunshops are over run with people that do little more than leave fingerprints on nice guns and never buy anything. If they determine you're serious, they pay more attention to you. That and they have to keep an eye out for morons trying to filch stuff. Keith has the best prices and as a result he's not making very much per gun on new stuff anyway. He has to make it up on other stuff. He ordered an Armalite for me for 10%.

A real measure of a good gunshop is how they treat you when you want to sell a used gun to them. I know a LOT about guns and prices. I also have a skilled facility of looking "dumb and ignorant" while haggling. I dealt with a boss there, maybe "Keith" himself, and he was quite pleasant.

But in all of my long life of seeing con-jobs I have NEVER seen somebody try to rip someone off so hard as he did. He was offering less than HALF of the actual used-price value of my guns, and he never realized that I was not a dummy and did know the real values. That would have been quite a gunstore markup! He "offered" to consign one of my rifles for seven hundred dollars---I got FOURTEEN hundred for it on an internet forum, and my only trouble was to box and mail it, and cash the money orders!

He looked a little baffled when I politely left with all that I came in with, never to return. A gun shop that treats you like dirt when you have a gun to sell, is not a store that I need to support.....................elsullo

Quite the eye opener. One thing that I've noticed in more than one type of business: If they really don't want to do something, the cost can be very dire. It'd be a lot better if they'd just say that, instead of trying to fleece the ignorant. I guess I'm still looking for a gun dealer I can keep going back to. Not many left to choose from.

There should be at least two different selections for the polls for these shops - Price and Customer service at a minimum. For example; Keith’s would get a 5 for price and a 1 for customer service. So I had to give them a 3 average in this poll which obviously doesn’t help folks much when they are trying to find a good store.

There should be at least two different selections for the polls for these shops - Price and Customer service at a minimum. For example; Keith’s would get a 5 for price and a 1 for customer service. So I had to give them a 3 average in this poll which obviously doesn’t help folks much when they are trying to find a good store.

I second that.

Keith's Sporting Goods
Price: 5
Customer service: 1 or 2, depending on their mood.

I've purchased several weapons there..as he offers a LE discount on certain lines..but..I think their customer service..or more accurately..attitude..is terrible.. It always seems as though they feel they're doing you a huge favor..to take the time to deal with you.. I only go there..when I can't find it somewhere else..

I have been to Keith's many times since my first purchase there in 1995. I have made a few, but not many, purchases there.

I agree that their handgun selection is terrific. The prices are also hard to beat. They are a little weak in terms of used guns and in accessories, but for their size and space, I can't complain. They are doing a great job in these areas and I wish them continued success.

It seems like they are always really busy whenever I am in there, so that should say something as well.

But you know, I have never had a comfortable feeling when dealing with the owner. For my part, I am well dressed, well spoken, polite, respectful and long on manners and decorum. In other words, I am not, rude, boorish, inappropriate or do I otherwise exhibit low-life behavior likely to warrant an adverse reaction. While it is hard to characterize, I would say that there is very definitely an "attitude" from him that I really don't appreciate. I will leave it at that.

And that alone has kept me from patronizing them more than I do.

Decent prices... but customer service sucked... you know after a long week of dealing with people who treat me like crap... I'd like to go somewhere that I am about to offer money to, to treat me decently. I went in to buy a set of electronic ears... the kid who "helped" me, looked at me while I choose one of the only two they had. When I told him the pair that I had decided on, he grabbed it and handed it to me while he was walking off. - I'll pay more somewhere else rather than let some idiot treat me like that. . . btw, I got them at Sportsman's :)

Only been their one time. I buy older revolvers, what they had was high retail + and would not come down even 5%. I didn't look at new prices. You can better price wise at gunbroker or NWA. The sales guy was more interested in BSing with his girl friend who was their.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top