JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I/we have done more business with Kieth's than any other dealer. Calling mid day on a Saturday I'd expect the possibility of not getting an answer. Right at opening might be better. Something else that comes to mind, guns aren't necessarily flying of the shelves like they were a few years ago. Maybe they NEED to save labor? Their store can be a zoo one minute and a ghost town an hour later , any day of the week I imagine.
But the phone problem has been an issue for years, whether gun sales were good or not. I live a long way from Keith's and I would hate to drive over there and find out they didn't have what I wanted in stock and I couldn't find out on the phone. But since I was going to be in the area anyway, I took a chance and it worked out. In general I like Keith's, just communicating with them can be an issue. They aren't too good at answering emails either :(

Part of my reason for liking them, and sticking up for them, is that I can see a gun in a gun rag, go in to Kieth's, tell them i want it, they look it up, I drop $50.00 and they call me when it comes in. No transfer like you pay when you go through Bud's or gun Broker etc. And the price is fair. If you decide you want to get a hold of them on Saturday between 11:30 am-4:00pm your likely to not get someone. Call back every 15 minutes until someone answers or call Sportsman's Warehouse.

This place definitely had an amazing selection of guns, especially handguns. Had to wait a bit for service like others said in this thread but thats ok, they were pretty busy. My only issue was the guy who helped me was a bit inpatient. He was helpful for the most part but i did feel a bit of pressure to 'piss or get off the pot', but again, they were busy so i understand, but I appreciate some extra patience from a gun shop employee because if I'm going to be dropping $500 on a handgun I'd like to have some time getting a feel for the gun's dry operation without feeling rushed to make a decision. But all in all, 4/5 stars from me.

Last Edited:
I've been in Keith's numerous times. Sometimes they're swamped, and sometimes not. But one thing is always the same. Keith is a great guy, but his employees act like they're doing you some favor to even talk or help you. Just turned me off, and I'd rather buy elsewhere.
One older blonde lady has been there forever, and always seems to have a chip on her shoulder. If she's so unhappy, why does she stay there, or why do they keep her?

I've been in Keith's numerous times. Sometimes they're swamped, and sometimes not. But one thing is always the same. Keith is a great guy, but his employees act like they're doing you some favor to even talk or help you. Just turned me off, and I'd rather buy elsewhere.
One older blonde lady has been there forever, and always seems to have a chip on her shoulder. If she's so unhappy, why does she stay there, or why do they keep her?

Glad I'm not the only one. I 100% got the same feeling from the staff during my visit. I kinda felt like an inconvenience to them.

I dealt with Keith when buying my Remington VTR, but this was after trying to get an employee's attention on some ammo. He was too busy shooting the bull with a couple of non buying customers. Keith was great and spent plenty of time with me looking at options for my new rifle. Wasn't real busy.

The blonde older lady does the background calls and that seems to be her only job there. She is loud and obnoxious.

I dealt with Keith when buying my Remington VTR, but this was after trying to get an employee's attention on some ammo. He was too busy shooting the bull with a couple of non buying customers. Keith was great and spent plenty of time with me looking at options for my new rifle. Wasn't real busy.

The blonde older lady does the background calls and that seems to be her only job there. She is loud and obnoxious.

Thing with Kieth's, if they're not busy you can expect to, generally, get your share of personal service. If I go to a bar/restaurant that's very busy I don't feel like I should take up a table for a couple hours if the place is real busy. That place needs to make their money, and if someones occupying a table for that long the place isn't making bank. Same with Kieth's. I wouldn't go in there unless I was buying that day. As it's been said before, you can't go there when they are busy and expect to get you're hand held trying a bunch of guns on for size.

Having said that, I must have realized how the place works from the first time we went to Kieth's. I/we have had outstanding service over these few years we've been enthusiasts. You mention the blonde gal? She doesn't ooze personality but I could tell that she was pretty darned proud when she slid the case with my new, oiled, wrapped in plastic, Tanfoglio Elite Limited to me so I could be the first one to gaze at it. She didn't bat an eye when she had to walk across the street to their warehouse to get the Kimber 1911 I bought there either. She has also been very nice to Wifey when she's purchased guns from them. One of those times there was some glitch at a gun show and it took a couple of hours for a BGC to go through. And she was still gracious and friendly. Something else, I find it comforting that I have a gun shop that I can go into and lay $50.00 down and have any firearm that's available through Kieth's many suppliers ordered for me. And probably at a better price than anyone in the area.

I don't doubt some folks feel like they're not served well at Kieth's, I guess being a relative noob to the gun world I probably have a different attitude about gun shops is all. Heck, there's counter help at Northwest Armory that have seemed kind of surly a time or two I've been in there. But other's that were all over me and answering questions/showing me stuff, when they weren't busy. It's all relative.

Here in UK, one of the gun stores had a kind of a right-angle bend to negotiate to enter, in an effort to slow down anybody trying to run out of the door with stolen goods. Right there in front of you, as you made the turn, was a 6ft high mirror. Across the top was a sign that read [You are now looking at the most important person in this establishment'.

A good many dealers in the USA would do well to remember that. No feet walking them dollars into the store = a cold bubblegum next Winter.

Glad I'm not the only one. I 100% got the same feeling from the staff during my visit. I kinda felt like an inconvenience to them.

This 100%. It's unfortunate since Keith is fantastic to work with. Even if his place or his show table is swamped (which is usually is) he'll treat you like a customer.

(blah blah)

Having said that, I must have realized how the place works from the first time we went to Kieth's.

(blah blah)

Looks like we were wrong all this time, literally everybody else who posted here. We just didn't know "how the place works" :(

I started going into Keith's when the storage room across to the West was their store. Back then it was Keith, his wife, and one employee. They were fantastic, and all of them were extremely helpful regardless of how busy they were. Someone always greeted every new person, and told them they'd be right with them. Just a neat place to buy, or window shop.
I bought a fair number of older used guns from Keith's, and always have been more of a used gun buyer than new gun buyer. But I also bought a few new guns, and things were just as good either way.
It wasn't until they'd been in the new building and their number of employees increased that things changed. It just never was like it once was. I figured they had so much business that a customer here or there not coming in anymore might be seen as a blessing to them.

Keep in mind that the customer with cash in their hand is a much higher priority over the customer on the phone, and the last time I was in there, they were swamped. Unless they've changed something, I don't think they have their inventory digitized, they had to run over to the side building to check/get stock. In no way am I saying that their customer service skills are a priority, just food for thought.

Most of the times I've been in Keith's they have been quite busy, but I always get good, friendly service. If I want to fondle a gun, they let me do it. If I want to buy one, they usually take only a few minutes for the BGC approval. Selection is good, prices are good, and any LGS beats buying online where you have no idea who can see your personal data on the BATF form. Plus, at your LGS you can pay cash so no credit card company knows what you bought. Also, don't know if they still do, but they used to offer CHL classes.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top