JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only needed their clerk to try his best to push a product on me that would obliterate a 2k antique firearm, and possibly be of great physical harm to my person, to be convinced not to return there...

PS:
Not to mention calling ahead to verify the right product was available and being made feel guilty for not purchasing the wrong product.

I'm still trying to figure out who's the worst. Keiths, The Gun Room or Beavercreek Armory...They ALL suck fat ones, just sayn...
I have always had fun on my trips to the gun room. The last time I was in there I was looking for an affordable optic for a relatives hunting rifle, and after the snarky clown behind the counter showed me the garbage amazon tier scopes he had in stock, I said something along the lines of "do you have anything that isnt chinese trash or do I have to go to Cabelas to get the entry level Vortex or Burris that I was looking to buy?" (yes I know those scopes are also made in china, but they are also miles better than the bubblegum the gun room was selling that day)... he mumbled something about how china sucks and then pretended like I didnt exist.

Correct. Besides, just look at other gun shops and there is proof to back up your statement. For example, Gator's in Kelso. They do it right. As you say, really ain't that tough. Ain't that tough to be respectful, polite, informative, courteous... what used to be typical American business attributes.
Oregon Rifle Works fits that description. I have always been greeted when I enter the store and the staff has always been helpful and courteous. That is a testament of a good business owner.

-E-

Oregon Rifle Works fits that description. I have always been greeted when I enter the store and the staff has always been helpful and courteous. That is a testament of a good business owner.

-E-
Thanks for identifying another great company. Now I'm definitely going to check them out. More and more I'm steering my business to companies with superior customer service, and consequently steering away from the bad ones. Getting pickier about who gets my money. Just like choosing not to buy products made in China, it is increasingly important to "reward" businesses that go the extra mile for quality customer service.

Thanks for identifying another great company. Now I'm definitely going to check them out. More and more I'm steering my business to companies with superior customer service, and consequently steering away from the bad ones. Getting pickier about who gets my money. Just like choosing not to buy products made in China, it is increasingly important to "reward" businesses that go the extra mile for quality customer service.
Agree, so many good gun shops listed in this thread there is almost no reason that I can see to put up with bending over and saying, "yes sir, may I have another" just to get to the most basic level of respect one would expect as a customer.

Recently dealt with adaptive firing solutions in oregon city for a purchase from a member here and great service, Fe. Had to wait due to other customers which is expected but didn't have to waft hundred dollar bills under his nose to get his attention, which apparently is what you have to do at crap Kieth's gun shop.

Steve @ Adaptive is who I go to no matter what..
Keith's can be plucked up & Relocated to SoCal so it can fall off into the Pacific Ocean someday..
Kurt's on 99E is always busy & fair for Black Gun heaven. :)

Me, I miss THE [old] GUN BROKER on 82nd Dr from the 90s.....:(:(

And then there is THE WAR FRONT @ THE BOMBER Restaurant on 99E.:):):)
More than having some Kool Kid Guns they have Museum Quality Stuff highlighting WWII w/ attention to German & "Murican everything. :);)

Steve @ Adaptive is who I go to no matter what..
Keith's can be plucked up & Relocated to SoCal so it can fall off into the Pacific Ocean someday..
Kurt's on 99E is always busy & fair for Black Gun heaven. :)

Me, I miss THE [old] GUN BROKER on 82nd Dr from the 90s.....:(:(

And then there is THE WAR FRONT @ THE BOMBER Restaurant on 99E.:):):)
More than having some Kool Kid Guns they have Museum Quality Stuff highlighting WWII w/ attention to German & "Murican everything. :);)
That's good to know about gun shop at the bomber restaurant. Didn't know it was there. I just assumed all that area was dead but haven't driven by there for a while.

I signed my name, everyone else was crossed off (it wasn't busy in the slightest)
I then waited around for about 20 minutes and was still never acknowledged.
I finally just asked to see something and they went off on me about needing to sign the dumbass sheet.
I told them I did and that I was, in fact, next in line.
They all but called me a liar but said "I guess I can help you though"
Screw that place, it used to be so good, but it's gone way downhill in the last few years.
Not worth the drive across town anymore

I signed my name, everyone else was crossed off (it wasn't busy in the slightest)
I finally just asked to see something and they went off on me about needing to sign the dumbass sheet.
Screw that place, it used to be so good, but it's gone way downhill in the just few years.
Yep they are real pricks. All of them in there IMO because the tone comes down from the owner. Really these guys are equal to the gun room in my mind. That is, worst of the worst, will never set foot in there again.

Screw that place, it used to be so good, but it's gone way downhill in the last few years.
That sucks man, sorry you got treated like that. Sounds like i may have got lucky with my experiences there, this was 6-7 yrs ago too. Hope you found what you were after at some store close to ya!

Yep they are real pricks. All of them in there IMO because the tone comes down from the owner. Really these guys are equal to the gun room in my mind. That is, worst of the worst, will never set foot in there again.
LMAO Don't even get me started on the Gun Room. That place is just a guy who wants to show off his collection and not actually sell anything 😂

Reach out to Jeremy at Lucky Sporting Goods. He lives in Banks but you will get excellent service/value from him.

If you drive to Gresham you can drive to Banks. He has many fans on this forum

Last Edited:
That's a shame. I always got good service from Keith and his wife. They almost always got my money. The rest of the staff or kids, not so much. Maybe business is so good, they really don't need you. Works both ways. There's always some other gun shop. At least for now.

Last Edited:
I've heard of people having bad experiences at Keith's but I have never had a bad experience myself. In fact, quite the opposite. I remember buying my first shotgun as a 18yr old newbie and they were very polite and helpful. Then I purchased a few more guns from them and again, all good. This was almost over 10 years ago.

Times have changed and guns and ammo are flying off the shelves. It's not just Keith's, but many gun shops act like they are gate keepers to freedom and treat customers like bubblegum. Hopefully you find a shop that is will appreciate your business.

LMAO Don't even get me started on the Gun Room. That place is just a guy who wants to show off his collection and not actually sell anything 😂
That sounds like the shop in Newport he had Blaser rifles ( not for sale ) and pictures of his hunting expeditions . The store had no real inventory and everything had to be "order". The place went bye bye several years ago .

Think about what it must be like working with the public. Think about what it must be like working with the public gun owners in THESE TIMES. I think most people that work front lines with the public in the last three years has seen a big change come over people.

I echo the above about Keith's. The wife and I have made more than several purchases at Keith's over the last twelve years. And had good experiences with them. I'll say though that we haven't bought any guns from them for several years.

If you don't work the front line with the general public, you can't imagine what it's turned into.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top