JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stopped in today and was surprised to see so much 22lr on the shelfs, several favors of CCI, Thunderbolt , ect. I asked price and I understood why it was still there , $32 for brick of Thunderbolt . With the 4th coming and if you really wanted to shoot with the kids it's there.

Last Edited:
There will come a day, in this decade, perhaps, when demand will finally be satisfied and there will be so much overproduction of 22 that we'll see some of the old prices. And that's when I might actually begin to shoot 22 again. Until then, just plan on spending 10-cents a round and you can find 22 ammo pretty easily.

On that day, the thousands of people who have hoarded 100K+ rounds in their basements will actually have to begin to sell at a couple cents a round. I suppose that's when I'll buy my own 100K rounds! :)

.On that day, the thousands of people who have hoarded 100K+ rounds in their basements will actually have to begin to sell at a couple cents a round. I suppose that's when I'll buy my own 100K rounds! :)
Yea but that stuff'll be a crap shoot.. who knows how the guy stored it and how old it is. .22 isn't known for reliability, especially if stored improperly and or it's old.
I gather that Federal offers .22 in nitrogen packs now though..

dscf2447.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I have bricks that are over a decade old and I have had no problems with them.

Most are Remington gold, but I have some others including Thunderbolt.

I have centerfire ammo that is over 50 years old. Some of it was stored poorly and has corrosion - it will get the bullets pulled and powder poured in the garden, but any of it that is in good shape will get shot.

I've got an ammo can 1/2 full of assorted 22 including Thunderbolt that was stored in a hot/cold attic for 18-19 yrs. Been shooting it for the last few months and it's gone bang every time. Surprised the crap outta me. I can't say that for some of the recent offerings.

I've got an ammo can 1/2 full of assorted 22 including Thunderbolt that was stored in a hot/cold attic for 18-19 yrs. Been shooting it for the last few months and it's gone bang every time. Surprised the crap outta me. I can't say that for some of the recent offerings.
Hot/cold attics are generally dry.. quite dry.
I know about things and how to store them properly.. an ammo can with dessicant in a dry place.. but was saying that one doesn't know how it was stored if buying second hand save the sellers word/assurance.

Several of the old Peters boxes were marked .20 cents per box of 50 rounds!
Those were the good old days. About the quality of thunderbolt, it isn't that bad really, it's more that my 10/22 doesn't like it and my M11-22 doesn't like lead bullets of any brand. It would probably be fine in my Savage bolt

Last Edited:
Saw a Unicorn today. 525 Round Value Pack Federal .22LR for $21 and some change, with tax. That Unicorn is now sitting here on my desk as I marvel at it and think of the not too distant past when such sightings were nothing to write home about. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top