JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got into brewing beer and cider last year. Decided this year I needed a beer fridge and kegerator. Just put the finishing touches on the kegerator. Even the wife was impressed.

image.jpg

Awesome kegerator! Been looking at picking one up for a while now so I can keep a keg cold for parties and for the man cave. Found this website that helped me make my decision. I hope to get into brewing my own beer when I have the space and time to do it.

Nice Job!!!
I really like the "drip tray."
Being a homebrewer, and kegging in 5 gal. "Corny kegs" for several years now, I 've built two of these, one had the coils on the back, so I was able to plumb the CO2 line in from the side, with the tank set into a plastic Christmas tree holder sitting on the top of the fridge, and the taps on the side, (just a little more convenient in that situation,) and one with the tap on the front like you have done, with the CO2 tank inside.
(I have to admit, I tried the side tap one on a fridge that didn't have the coils on the back, and was greeted with a nice hissing sound when I used my hole saw on it...)
I use ball lock fittings for the Corny kegs for my home brew, but Rogue has garage sales at their Newport brewery on occasion, and 13.2 gal. kegs of some of their beers are for sale at $45. That's something like .42 cents a pint!!!!
The two in my keggerators are now their Mocha Porter, and their RyePA.
So, after getting a Sanke tap, and a ball lock conversion kit, I can now use my ball lock gas and beer lines on the Sanke kegs....
Great job on your keggerator, and nice to see there is another home brewer on the forum!

Nice Job!!!
I really like the "drip tray."
Being a homebrewer, and kegging in 5 gal. "Corny kegs" for several years now, I 've built two of these, one had the coils on the back, so I was able to plumb the CO2 line in from the side, with the tank set into a plastic Christmas tree holder sitting on the top of the fridge, and the taps on the side, (just a little more convenient in that situation,) and one with the tap on the front like you have done, with the CO2 tank inside.
(I have to admit, I tried the side tap one on a fridge that didn't have the coils on the back, and was greeted with a nice hissing sound when I used my hole saw on it...)
I use ball lock fittings for the Corny kegs for my home brew, but Rogue has garage sales at their Newport brewery on occasion, and 13.2 gal. kegs of some of their beers are for sale at $45. That's something like .42 cents a pint!!!!
The two in my keggerators are now their Mocha Porter, and their RyePA.
So, after getting a Sanke tap, and a ball lock conversion kit, I can now use my ball lock gas and beer lines on the Sanke kegs....
Great job on your keggerator, and nice to see there is another home brewer on the forum!
I got this setup to run a corny keg on the .50 cal and a sanke on the grenade. Went with a dual regulator setup in the event I need to dispense a different pressures. Currently the .50 has a strawberry blonde that I brewed up last month, while the grenade is serving up Widmer Heffe. Also have hard cider in secondary fermentation and thinking of adding a party tap on the inside to house it. So much brew, so little time...

Went with a dual regulator setup in the event I need to dispense a different pressures.

Or, dispense one, force carbonate the other...

I've been doing all-grain brewing for about the last 4 or so years, started extract brewing in 1996.

I really like all-grain brewing, and built my own grain mill, being as I work in a machine shop, I can do such things, but in the long run, it would have saved time just buying one, although, it is nice to be able to say: "I built that..."

Same for my brewing system, three tier, gravity fed, converted Sanke kegs for hot liquor, and boil, converted 10 gal. cooler for a mash tun.

And, yes, too many brews I want to try, not enough time...

There are SO many variations, take a basic IPA, change the yeast and change the hop schedule/type, and it will taste totally different...

I haven't tried cider yet, but like to brew IPA's, and I make a good Mocha porter, and on occasion a seasonal pumpkin ale.

Heck, I even have some Cascade hops growing up some cordage up to my second level deck, and get a half pound each year....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top