JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Powers burn at different rates. And IMHO, there is no universal powder that will be ideal with everything. OK, Ok, ok some come close.

But really.......you'll probably end up with several different powders on your bench. One or two might be good for small handgun cartridges. One or two for Magnum pistol, another set for small rifles and then more for large rifles. You get the picture?

Shotguns are another different bird. Powder, primers, wads and shot size/weight specs should be followed exactly. And they have to match the hull that you're reloading for.

Look at the manual, try picking a powder based on what you feel might/will get you to where you want to go with that particular cartridge and load.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Example:

I use Bulls Eye (or W231) powder for 9mm, .38 Special and .45ACP. However it's not recommended for shotgun ammo or rifle ammo.

Unique could be used for shotguns and a large range of pistol ammo. But, it leaves tiny unburnt flaks on my arms when I use it with .45ACP.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, I've heard that W296 is good for .357 Mag, .300 Blkout and .30 carbine. So IMHO, just pick up more powder for the other cartridges and start building up your powder stocks.

Check your reloading manual for different powders that can be used for a variety of tasks. Later, you'll end up with a prefence for a certain powder for a certain cartridge. LOL...by then, you'll have maybe 5-10 different powders on your bench.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....for LIABILITY SAKE....follow your manual. Experiment at your own risk and remember to start low and work your way up. Subsitutions of something as small as a primer brand or type, could push things over the edge. BE CAREFUL.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top