JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few days ago I made a post on the classifieds that I was selling my hunting bow, the feed back I got was very mean and hurtful. I am a woman and I'm into a lot of actives outdoors like camping,fishing and shooting.I got a lot of messages about how I was trying to sell my husbands stuff and cussing me out about it. The bow is my own I bought it before I met my husband. I was just trying to sell it .This made me want to delete my account. I have met some very nice people on here.But please think about what you post and respond on here. There are women out there who are into outdoor actives so please keep a open mind. thank you.

Amen to that.....

Sometimes guys get threatened when they see a woman who might know more about "manly" stuff than they do.....Call it an inferiority complex if you want. My wife ( who's barely 5' tall) gets it all the time when she outshoots guys with her firearms or bow. I think its pretty funny to see.

Post their names and their comments.

If their are so confident as to insult a woman in private then they should be confident enough to let their comments stand in the light of public scrutiny....and I for one would like to "scrutinize" some mean comments :)

Back when I was in college, I taught a few gal classmates to shoot... it was fun watching them outshoot the chest-thumping he-man Bubbas on the range--the only thing that sucked was the fact that when it was "Loser Buys the Burritos" between me and any one of those gals I was ALWAYS buying. LOL

If their are so confident as to insult a woman in private then they should be confident enough to let their comments stand in the light of public scrutiny....and I for one would like to "scrutinize" some mean comments :)

D@#$^^@%^@ STRAIGHT! IF they are willing to make offensive comments, let the balance of the community know who these jackwagons are!

I agree with this statement. Plus I'm sure I'll have some comments for them as well.

And if anyone bothers you about women being incapable,

tumblr_maofuxIR7I1rc7mr8o1_400.jpg

Just remind them Roza Shanina could have kicked their asses any day.

If they wanted to be equals, they would not need their own sub forum?

Has nothing to do with being equal, it has to do with basic respect of a member of the forum.

I see something strange though on Kaybearheck's profile page......There's no mention in her for sale thread of her being a female, and there are no responses to her ad. The really strange thing is member MKWERX is shown as posting on various threads?? In Kaybearheck's profile page. Figure that one out, maybe has something to do with the late night work going on with NWFA.

Mike

I agree with this statement. Plus I'm sure I'll have some comments for them as well.

And if anyone bothers you about women being incapable,

tumblr_maofuxIR7I1rc7mr8o1_400.jpg

Just remind them Roza Shanina could have kicked their asses any day.

If she carved notches on her rifle for every soldier shot, there wouldn't be much stock left.

kaybearheck... thing is a lot of guys figure only guys would be interested and so they assume you're a manly man with a thick bearskin. I learned long ago not to take the internuts so seriously.. I mean, if someone pulls some nasty post off on you, imagine he's an old pot bellied guy in ladies underwear posting that from mom's basement (you might be right, too)

Feel free to report any offensive comments whether in the ad (didn't see any and it is closed) as well as PM's. The little triangle with exclamation point in it is for reporting.

Too bad people sent those messages. I think the majority of people here are above that. I hope so anyway.

As much as I'd like to see who they are, I believe its something best left to the staff to deal with.

Never understood people who think women do not hunt fish or shoot. I have known almost as many women who do so as men, including every member of my family I have contact with. Met wife because my guy buddies introduced us to talk to each other about fishing because they were tired of listing to me and tired of her talking about. They figured to put us together so they would not have to listen to us so much. On top of that mom shoots cowboy action, wife has hunted more then I have, sister in law shoots often and loves her husband buying her guns as much as jewlery, and the rest of the family women shoot or hunt at least a little. Last girl friend before wife I was fly fisher as well as most of the women I dated loved outdoors and have known women who hunt and fish all around me all my life. And this was growing up in the Seattle suburbs not the county. Funny as I think about it I can not think of ever talking to an anti gun women only men. Guess to many men are becoming metrosexuals.
Glad I am still a man with all my so called warts

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top