JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Ar Upper kit, listed 7 in stock, come to find out that wasn't the case, and was told about 3 times a date it would ship, and here I am 2 months later still waiting. No good news, now they're waiting on parts from a supplier, with no date expected. I'm not much for the wishy washy waiting game.

Would you cancel your order and go with someone who has stock and will ship, or just suck it up and keep waiting, possibly another month or more?

I personally have limited patience when it comes to order fulfillment. Especially when the business I'm purchasing things from claims to have the items I want in stock. Unless it's a brand you really like and can only be gotten through the one outfit you ordered from I'd suggest looking elsewhere and getting a guarantee of stock on hand ready to ship. That's just me though probably. :)

if you have a opportunity to get the money back,i would do so.there are plenty of other dealers who have uppers in stock.even in the portland area if you research it.i found a complete 20 inch dpms upper minus the bolt,with magpul handguard for 300.00 3 miles from my house. good luck

I bought a Ar Upper kit, listed 7 in stock, come to find out that wasn't the case, and was told about 3 times a date it would ship, and here I am 2 months later still waiting. No good news, now they're waiting on parts from a supplier, with no date expected. I'm not much for the wishy washy waiting game.

Would you cancel your order and go with someone who has stock and will ship, or just suck it up and keep waiting, possibly another month or more?

This wouldnt happen to be Rifle Broker would it?

I ordered a barrel from these guys yesterday for my wife's carbine build and the page said one barrel was left.. after I ordered it said 0 barrels left.. so I thought.. "OK", but after noticing this thread I thought it would be good to call.. YEP, no barrels in stock but maybe by next week and they'll e-mail me. Never trust the automated "in stock" info if you're in a hurry to get your items

Anyone have info on these guys? It was a Yankee Hills barrel..

Cold Hand Arms, From our COLD DEAD HANDS

They may have complete uppers but the particular barrel I want is currently no where to be found and many similar barrels are also sold out

Every business out there has AR uppers... I have bought from AR15 Sales with great results in the past. Get your money back and spend it at a business who cares enough to give real customer service.

+1 for Pete at ARSales. At least if its back ordered, he will be honest with you.

The toughest part about Pete is getting him on the phone - he's a busy guy.

Nate

I personally have limited patience when it comes to order fulfillment. Especially when the business I'm purchasing things from claims to have the items I want in stock. Unless it's a brand you really like and can only be gotten through the one outfit you ordered from I'd suggest looking elsewhere and getting a guarantee of stock on hand ready to ship. That's just me though probably. :)

+1 When this kind of thing has happened to me I feel lied to. I certainly don't wanna reward a liar.

After being put on BACKORDER status from suppliers on ammunition (back during the 08-09 shortage), I literally had to wait over 6-months, re-processed and put back on backorder (Law Enforcement orders take priority, regardless of how long you've been on backorder).

I won't buy ammuntion from Cabelas anymore after the way the treated me. After being on backorder for 8-months, they finally sent me a letter that just stated that my order was CANCELLED and I had to replace the order (only to walk into Bi-Mart and find the exact ammunition I was looking for for cheaper).

Then after the way Cheaper Than Dirt price gouged their customers- I refuse to buy anything from there unless I REALLY NEED IT and they are the only ones that have it.

ctd.jpg

On one of the other AR forums,a guy went round and round with Spikes and I don't recall if he ever got everything resolved.He wished he would have pulled the plug a lot earlier.

Last week when I was looking around,there were some stuff everywhere and a ton on back order.
But there are many stores with stuff in stock.Heck one store in Tacoma had 10 uppers just sitting there under the rifles.Most anything you could want.(in 5,56 or 6.8) They have lots of upper and lower kits too.
I mean you can wait for a month or drive a little and have your part.Or close to it.

I don't like waiting much,but I don't like using $50 in gas to go to Tacoma for everything.So I order it.

I would cancel the order, I have done this in the past. I agree that calling before ordering is the best approach, but if a company is going to list items in stock they should be held to it. Or inconvenienced by orders and cancellations because of it, until the get their act together. I would recommend Rainier Arms here in the NW, they have a lot in stock, excellent quality components, and very fast shipping turnaround.
Jason

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads