JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I ordered a ESS SOCOM AR-15 barrel from Copes and upon opening the package and inspection I found this:
2012-07-15_20-35-20_259.jpg
I really like this design.
2012-07-15_20-35-31_787.jpg
But........

The box was in perfect shape when it arrived and it had alot of packing material. Although, the barrel was wrapped paper at the bottom of the box instead of the middle.
I was reading copes return policy after I sent them an email and it says that the shipping cost was on me for the return. I see that I have 3 choices here.
1) keep it and try to fix it to avoid the shipping charge and waiting another 2 weeks for a barrel.
2) send it back and take the hit on the shipping.
Or
3) keep the barrel but try to negotiate some store credit for the damage.

Im not complaining about Copes but I think this flaw is pretty obvious and Im sure someone saw it and sent it and it anyway.

What do you guys think my move should be?

They may have not seen the flaw. Notify them - if it is worth the shipping cost and time to you, send it back.

If the barrel is not out of spec, I would use a bluing pen to touch up the barrel. No one will be able to tell there was a blemish.

Won't it be covered up by the handguard? If it bothers you send it back I would probably send it back just because it would bother me knowing it's there they should pay the shipping seeing as how it is their error in quality control. :s0159:

Update: I sent them an email on Saturday when the barrel got here telling them what I found and asked them what they wanted me to do. I got an email early this morning of a receipt for the order I placed on the 5th. I found that to be odd since I had already made that order and it was done but as I read on down to the notes column it said that a new barrel was being sent with a call tag to return the damaged one. Looks like Copes is covering the shipping charges and the new barrel is already on its way. The customer service is definitly making up for the long shipping time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top