JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking of buying a fishing kayak, I'm thinking about the Feelfee Moken 10V2.

I will be using also for waterfowl hunting and leisure river recreation.

What do you have and what mods have you done.

Thanks

I am looking at getting into a kayak for fishing and waterfowl hunting too, I have been looking at the NuCanoe boats, especially the models that you can attach a small outboard to. I will probably just end up with a pedal drive at first but it would be nice upgrade down the road.

I bought a hobie last year. Went to Lapine last week it's s pedal drive It's a little heavy and takes a little planning to get it up and down off the truck. Seems very stable has a weight limit of. 500 lbs. of me and gear. Found some tundra low pressure beach tires on Craigslist for free. Built a frame for the tires and can use them to move my kayak up and down trails to waters edge for deployment . Tire assy rides behind the seat so I take them with me when on the water. Can also beach on islands. Etc

A6E49ED5-3AB9-4182-9248-E094A4507A3B.jpeg Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 8.03.45 AM.png

Last Edited:
I bought a hobie last year. Went to Lapine last week it's s pedal drive It's a little heavy and takes a little planning to get it up and down off the truck. Seems very stable has a weight limit of. 500 lbs. of me and gear. Found some tundra low pressure beach tires on Craigslist for free. Built a frame for the tires and can use them to move my kayak up and down trails to waters edge for deployment . Tire assy rides behind the seat so I take them with me when on the water. Can also beach on islands. Etc

View attachment 983516 View attachment 983519

Now that's a spendy kayak.
But top shelf!

I am looking at getting into a kayak for fishing and waterfowl hunting too, I have been looking at the NuCanoe boats, especially the models that you can attach a small outboard to. I will probably just end up with a pedal drive at first but it would be nice upgrade down the road.

The Moken can take a small 12v right into the removable console also will take a fish finder in the same spot.

If I do a motor I will attach the transducer on the side rail and drop it in from that spot.

I have a Jackson Big Rig...so def not a small and svelte piece of kit. If I was going to waterfowl, fish, and play...I'd get either a Crescent LT or Crescent CK1. The CK1 paddles better than the Moken and will handle the rivers better. I like Moken's, but the CK1 is a better boat.

I have a Jackson Big Rig...so def not a small and svelte piece of kit. If I was going to waterfowl, fish, and play...I'd get either a Crescent LT or Crescent CK1. The CK1 paddles better than the Moken and will handle the rivers better. I like Moken's, but the CK1 is a better boat.

I will google that.
Where did you buy yours at?

I traded my Jackson Kraken that picked up in Lodi, CA for my current Big Rig. Just worked out that we both had what each other wanted.

I had intended to buy a Lite Tackle if the Kraken had sold though.

Headwaters has a good comparison video of the Lite Tackle vs Moken v2 on youtube.

Last Edited:
Great feedback so far guys.

I am open to more guys keep the info coming!

Also I'm looking at the Big Fish 105.
The headwaters channel is helpful.

Great feedback so far guys.

I am open to more guys keep the info coming!

Also I'm looking at the Big Fish 105.
The headwaters channel is helpful.
BF105 is great if you only plan to cover small distances paddling or you plan to get an electric motor. They don't paddle very well due to the tri hull design. A fishing buddy has a BF120 & my Big Rig paddles quite a bit easier. (Not to say either is great when the wind kicks up)

That being said…the BF105 is pretty stable for a 10' yak.

We use a Kayak for getting back to the boat when duck hunting, or for far retrieves the dog missed. I can't say I feel great after paddling long distances, so if you are looking to troll with your kayak I would look at the foot peddle systems for added propulsion. Not sure if next adventure at Scappose bay will rent out any of the kayaks you are looking at, but giving them a call might be a good idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top