JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They want to take away/infringe a Constitutional Right from law abiding citizens....
yet they approve of suicide by physician.
View attachment 264017
So, in essence they say it is okay to shoot yourself, but when people use that right it is a tool to use against us. Why does that sound like a Hypocritical thing to do...hmm. If that is the case those statistics should be taken out of any further discussion when pushing for gun legislation. There should be a law against using something they passed as a tool against law abiding citizens.

So, in essence they say it is okay to shoot yourself, but when people use that right it is a tool to use against us

exactly when you remove the suicide by gun( biggest sector of gun deaths here), gang banger shootings( they could jail them all for using a gun long enough to prove they have stemmed the violence.....but they wont) & shooting by cop,..........

we dont have a problem except corrupt legislation here in Oregon

seriously?
"Rather than a new law, Ceasefire Oregon wants what Washington state has – a requirement that all medical health professionals take a course in recognizing the signs of suicide; plus, a public awareness campaign like the successful one that MADD organized."

I already have to screen patients for drug and alcohol use and depression every visit.

Hey Ceasefire A-HOLES. Mental health care is CRAP in this state! I have one mental health clinic in my county and they only take OHP now and they are booked out for months. The Affordable Care Act just added 5000 more patients in the county.

Make me take a class to recognize suicidal ideation? Like the ones I took in F'ing medical school? Perhaps the 12 weeks on a psych floor in medical school? Perhaps the year I spent doing H&P's on the psych floor in Residency? Perhaps all the mental health care I provide because there are not enough psychiatrists to see patients?

People are killing themselves because they CANT GET CARE NOW AND THAT CARE THAT IS AVAILABLE SUCKS. Not because you think Im uneducated and need a class.

I give up... no more politics for me. If you want to come get my guns they will be at my house.
As a former mental health care professional, I agree with every word you've written. Our current mental health care system is a sham and a joke. That is why we have mass shootings. Seriously crazy people are sent home with a bottle of pills (which they will never take) and an outpatient appointment (which they will never keep) months in the future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top