JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

So you're okay to slaughter your unborn, but you're NOT allowed to off yourself?

Oh wait, suicide would reduce the number of Democrat voters.

Ah, so doctors are going to be recruited by our state government to help in gun control efforts after all.

That is actually very news worthy.

Im not reporting anyone to the state. F that. Try and make me

If they wanted to do something good, they should get CareOregon to stop trying to kill my patients.

Im not reporting anyone to the state. F that. Try and make me

If they wanted to do something good, they should get CareOregon to stop trying to kill my patients.

I'm glad to hear that, and certainly not surprised. But do you have a feel for your fellow MD's and whether, on the whole, they would report?

This is on the front page of KATU's website this morning. According to a poll conducted by Survey USA on behalf of KATU, "Majority say stricter gun laws wouldn't have prevented UCC shooting".

Interesting results to the survey below. The one we probably need to watch most closely is the restriction on magazine capacity.

People were split on the issue of whether federal gun laws were adequate. Nearly one in four people say gun laws are too strict. While 32 percent of people want the laws to be tougher. What got the largest response was the 39 percent of people who think federal gun laws are just fine.

More than 80 percent of respondents support the following measures: banning those with a mental illness from buying guns and mandatory background checks for every gun buyer.

Eighty-four percent of people say they oppose a rule that limits gun ownership to only law enforcement.

Fifty-six percent of respondents say they oppose limits on how much ammunition a gun can hold at once. A tick more, 57 percent, say they oppose a nationwide ban on semi-automatic weapons.

Source: <broken link removed>

I would recommend sending this information to your reps, but I don't want to get them fired up about magazine limits. But the fact that the MAJORITY say stricter laws wouldn't have prevented mass shootings, should be in the face of all of the politicians in this state.

KATU, probably to protect their own anti-gun interests, among other things, has shut off comments on their site. They probably know they are really in the minority on a lot of things and were tired of getting called out so often on their own site.

I'm glad to hear that, and certainly not surprised. But do you have a feel for your fellow MD's and whether, on the whole, they would report?

If they make it a law most will follow it. Just like now if someone says they are going home to kill themselves I'm required to call the police. But I see a lot of suicidal patients and if they will agree to work with me then I dont involve the police. I've had zero of my patients shoot themselves. I've only involved the police perhaps 2-3 times in the last 20 years.

If the law is something like "report every potential suicidal patient" Im not doing that. All it will do is keep patients from coming into see me who think I will just report them.

2014 Oregon numbers for future debates:

% deaths when a firearm is used / rates (event per 100k) / Total #:
Suicide:....................84.9% / 10.6 / 422 (54% of all suicides)
Homicide:.................10.7% / 1.3 / 53 (53% of all homicides)
Legal Intervention:....3.2% / 0.4 / 16
Accidents:...................1.2% / 0.2 / 6

Totals all methods:
Suicide: 781
Homicide: 99
Legal Int.: 17 (16 using a firearm, or 94% of cases)
Accidents: 1,796

Seems Ceasefire has finally realized 'its a mental health issue' and is trying to seize the debate?

https://public.health.oregon.gov/Bi...alreports/Volume2/Documents/2014/table634.pdf
https://public.health.oregon.gov/Bi...alreports/Volume2/Documents/2014/table624.pdf

If you missed the story...

<broken link removed>

seriously?
"Rather than a new law, Ceasefire Oregon wants what Washington state has – a requirement that all medical health professionals take a course in recognizing the signs of suicide; plus, a public awareness campaign like the successful one that MADD organized."

I already have to screen patients for drug and alcohol use and depression every visit.

Hey Ceasefire A-HOLES. Mental health care is CRAP in this state! I have one mental health clinic in my county and they only take OHP now and they are booked out for months. The Affordable Care Act just added 5000 more patients in the county.

Make me take a class to recognize suicidal ideation? Like the ones I took in F'ing medical school? Perhaps the 12 weeks on a psych floor in medical school? Perhaps the year I spent doing H&P's on the psych floor in Residency? Perhaps all the mental health care I provide because there are not enough psychiatrists to see patients?

People are killing themselves because they CANT GET CARE NOW AND THAT CARE THAT IS AVAILABLE SUCKS. Not because you think Im uneducated and need a class.

I give up... no more politics for me. If you want to come get my guns they will be at my house.

seriously?
"Rather than a new law, Ceasefire Oregon wants what Washington state has – a requirement that all medical health professionals take a course in recognizing the signs of suicide; plus, a public awareness campaign like the successful one that MADD organized."

You know they're full of shyte, because in their email they are calling for laws to
require all firearms to be secured, close the "Charleston loophole," limit gun purchases to one per month, and impose a "cooling off" period between time of gun sale and possession
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...e-counter-attack-on-this.209005/#post-1351973

I give up... no more politics for me. If you want to come get my guns they will be at my house.

I want your guns, what time do you want me to stop by?

Ray

Firearms and suicides have been studied several times already. There is no evidence that a reduction in firearms ownership corresponds to a reduction in suicide attempts or successful suicide attempts. People who want to commit suicide will use what is available.

Couple years ago I asked my doc if he would report a pt regarding guns.
Doc asked if I had any guns
I asked what would he do with the answer
Doc said he would discuss safety.
I asked Doc if he wanted to shoot with me at the next match at DRRC
Doc just rolled his eyes and took my bp

Bolus
It'll be ok in the end.
If it's not ok, it's not the end

Stayed up past my bed time to see the KATU piece.
Lots of fit hitting the shan
Lost track of some interesting nuggets
Whipped out the cellphone and video'd the rest.
Going to watch my 10 month old grandson at his last swim lesson.
Should I turn-in the daughter for attempted drowning of my precious future elk hunting buddy?
Maybe more viewings of the KATU piece will make the issue less opaque

Public opinion does not matter. Bloomberg bought and paid for universal background checks in OR and WA and our elected officials will sell out the peoples rights again when he pays them off in the upcoming legislative session to attack the rights of law abiding citizens. All they care about is Bloomberg's contributions to there campaigns. Whores.

Actually, what that data shoes is that in oregon only 0.322% of deaths are caused by gun violence.

Doesn't that prove that there is no actual problem with guns in oregon? That data proves there's no need or benefit to further gun control legalization.
CT4Y2p7UEAAgtDy.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads