JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow, Gov Brown owns an "antique shotgun". Sounds like she's really trying to connect with gun owners.

Election 2018: Kate Brown and Knute Buehler on guns

Here's the meat and potatoes:

KATE BROWN

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015), requiring criminal and mental health checks for nearly all private gun sales and transfers: Signed it into law
  • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): signed it into law
  • Expansion of firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts; measure also prohibited certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): signed into law
  • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: signed it into law
  • Closing the "boyfriend loophole" by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): requested the legislation, made it one of her top priorities and signed it into law
  • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as "assault weapons"? Yes
  • Should Oregon require gun owners to keep them in a safe or other locked container or secured with a trigger lock? Undetermined
  • Own a firearm? "Yes, I have an antique shotgun."
KNUTE BUEHLER

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015): voted "no"
  • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): voted "yes"
  • Expand firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts, and prohibits certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): voted "yes"
  • Require a 10-day waiting period to purchase firearms if Oregon State Police is unable to conduct a background check (House Bill 4147, 2016): voted "no"; bill passed the House but died in the Democrat-controlled Senate
  • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: voted "no"
  • Closing the "boyfriend loophole" by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): voted "yes"
  • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as assault weapons? No
  • Should Oregon require gun owners to keep them in a safe or other locked container or secured with a trigger lock? Undetermined
  • Own a firearm? "Yes. One for self-protection. I have a 9mm handgun. Then I have a shotgun. Occasionally I go bird hunting with friends … Then I have a (.22-caliber) rifle I use just for varmint hunting."

I wonder just what kind of "antique shotgun" Brown owns...Just 'cause I'm weird that way...not weird enough to call or write her , just to ask however...:D

I thought it was already against Federal law , if you have a domestic violence and or stalking conviction , to own a firearm...?
If so those two "stances" seem pointless...since they are already in place ....
Andy

Thank you. As much as I'm not terribly excited about Buehler, for various reasons, I think we all need to actively, loudly, and wholeheartedly get behind his campaign for governor. His biggest positive is that he's not Kate Brown.

Just my opinion, but I think we're past the point of waiting for the ideal candidate or withholding our vote to "make a point".

Knute is hardly my ideal candidate, but he's a far cry better than Brown, so he gets my vote.

I only hope those that typically refuse to vote or vote 3rd party out of protest for not having their "perfect" candidate on the ballot, think further ahead and consider the damage Kate is already doing and will keep doing, if re-elected. Time for her to go.

I wonder just what kind of "antique shotgun" Brown owns...Just 'cause I'm weird that way...not weird enough to call or write her . just to ask however...:D

I thought it was already against Federal law , if you have a domestic violence and or stalking conviction , to own a firearm...?
If so those two "stances" seem pointless...since they are already in place ....
Andy
It's probably just a lamp post .
And don't work but in her eyes it is a gun lol

2g8jv7.jpg

Of course whom would believe what they say they will do.
Reality is there are others planned legislative laws planned for next year brown didn't mention (ooops ).

Hicaps for rifles to 20, and some form of semi-auto handgun limit for mags not sure on that part specifically.
Obviously by saying 20 that would eliminate a huge amount of those existing.
From what I was hearing nothing that is above the release limit on the handgun. Such as comes with 12 you can't buy a 20 pro-mag. Its seem they are still discussing it this summer no official draft. I'll post more when I know more. Back to your normally scheduled programming.

My vote is for Knute as from his record he wouldn't pass these.

Please, for the love of flowers, will some "investigatory journalist" please ask her what size chamber her shotgun has. And what does it choke to.

I could use a good laugh.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR