JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon needs some redistricting/gerrymandering, or something done to this effect. I'm no expert on these things, but I do know the entire state is endlessly subject to the political whims of Portland.

With the exception of the good people in this community, and a handful of others, Portlanders like Kate Brown view the rest of us Oregonians w/ disdain. I lived up there for a time, and this was my observation. They think they are "helping" us, their ignorant cousins, who clearly don't know any better.

IMG_1503349494048.jpg

And this is who is helping our wonderful Governor along with his buddy Bloomberg!!!

did any of you guys actually read the bill? I don't necessarily agree with it, but some of you seem to be making your own conclusions about a few things.

For one, spite isn't listed in section 2-4, and you can surrender your guns to anyone legal of possessing them, so your wife, kids, brother, whatever, and 21 days later get them back at your hearing, assuming you are not actually violent. The mental health thing mentioned pertains only to evidence that would lead to an issue of the protection order, so thats actually a good thing. Nothing says you cant have a professional medical opinion at your hearing.

I really don't agree that a DUI or gun purchase in the last 180 days are indicators of violence though, otherwise, in about 160 days, I won't be too worried about this law.

Last Edited:
This is just another step in the process to take away our rights.
It's time to draw a line in the Sand and take this fight to the capital.
Impeach the P.O.S. Governor!!!!

did any of you guys actually read the bill? I don't necessarily agree with it, but some of you seem to be making your own conclusions about a few things.

For one, spite isn't listed in section 2-4, and you can surrender your guns to anyone legal of possessing them, so your wife, kids, brother, whatever, and 21 days later get them back at your hearing, assuming you are not actually violent. The mental health thing mentioned pertains only to evidence that would lead to an issue of the protection order. Nothing says you cant have a professional medical opinion at your hearing.

I really don't agree that a DUI or gun purchase in the last 180 days are indicators of violence though, otherwise, in about 160 days, I won't be too worried about this law.
So am I correct in "assuming" that ANY attempt at infringement, attack, attempt to hamper or harm any part or portion of the 2nd amendment or its implementation does not make you exceedingly angry and or filled with rage against those who attempt to take away our freedoms any way they can?

I would change 'ANY attempt' to 'some attempts' but, yes generally it is not my top priority. Especially when it should hardly or not even effect me. You could also change 'exceedingly angry' and 'filled with rage' to mildly upset and disappointed.

And as far as this particular circumstance, they didn't have to take it any way they could, they went about getting a bill signed the legal way. Whether or not the bill itself is legal, is another question.

To be shocked that the bar would have their fingers in something like this would be akin to expecting that the National Lawyers Guild and ACLU to be pro-2A.

Same shysters, same suits, different day.

While I do not like or agree with bills or laws like the one in the OP ... There is a lot of truth in etrain's statement.
Folks be careful in what you say and do , if you are a "Known Gun Owner".
Everything you say or do can be taken out of context or misheard and used against you ... Think before you speak or act.
Andy

The problem is it doesn't matter if you are dealing an unstable lying scumbag bent on doing you harm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top