JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't like it either, but he's still got my vote. Consider the ONLY alternative...

Not voting when a candidate doesn't suit you is patriotic.

B2409905-28E3-4EF4-A997-7EB38867E7D1.jpeg

I don't like it either, but he's still got my vote. Consider the ONLY alternative...

The 3rd runner for the independent party wants firearms owners to have a license to own firearms like a drivers license .What a nut job.

Last Edited:
If we can keep the legislature margins narrow (majorities seem unobtanium at this point), ie: NOT veto-proof, I think we stand a better than average chance of
A) Knute vetoing the promised AWB, or
B) The antis holding off for a few more yrs knowing that their legislation won't make it past Gov Buhler's desk.

Pretty clear to me.

Pretty much.

Knute's recent tweets are nothing short of lamentable, though I strongly suspect he's made those statements to placate the those sniveling that we must "do something". However, his voting in opposition to two terrible firearms-related bills, both of which signed into law by Brown, is more encouraging, as was his stated opposition to IP-43. But the bottom line is he's not going to burn up precious political capital, go against his own party, and ensure a humiliating defeat when seeking reelection by supporting an IP-43-like law. On the flip side, the unsightly Brown stain has publicly stated on more than one occasion that she will push through an AWB. The choice should be pretty clear.

And holding off the gun-grabbers for a few years holds a very important strategic purpose: OFF is likely to get an initiative on the ballot in 2020 that will severely restrict, if not completely thwart, the idiot anti-freedom types ability to pass new gun bans. If we can get Knute in now, hold off the pro-tyranny mouth-breathers until 2020, and get that law passed via initiative, a major victory will have been achieved.

All that said, there is a reason why I am not a member nor supporter of either party. The principle I follow is that if it expands individual liberty, I'm for it, while the reverse I'm not, both of which with very limited exceptions. To those disgusted by the options served up by the present two party system, all I can say is more sympathetic I could not be.

Wow, Gov Brown owns an "antique shotgun". Sounds like she's really trying to connect with gun owners.

Election 2018: Kate Brown and Knute Buehler on guns

Here's the meat and potatoes:

KATE BROWN

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015), requiring criminal and mental health checks for nearly all private gun sales and transfers: Signed it into law
  • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): signed it into law
  • Expansion of firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts; measure also prohibited certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): signed into law
  • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: signed it into law
  • Closing the "boyfriend loophole" by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): requested the legislation, made it one of her top priorities and signed it into law
  • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as "assault weapons"? Yes
  • Should Oregon require gun owners to keep them in a safe or other locked container or secured with a trigger lock? Undetermined
  • Own a firearm? "Yes, I have an antique shotgun."
KNUTE BUEHLER

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015): voted "no"
  • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): voted "yes"
  • Expand firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts, and prohibits certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): voted "yes"
  • Require a 10-day waiting period to purchase firearms if Oregon State Police is unable to conduct a background check (House Bill 4147, 2016): voted "no"; bill passed the House but died in the Democrat-controlled Senate
  • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: voted "no"
  • Closing the "boyfriend loophole" by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): voted "yes"
  • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as assault weapons? No
  • Should Oregon require gun owners to keep them in a safe or other locked container or secured with a trigger lock? Undetermined
  • Own a firearm? "Yes. One for self-protection. I have a 9mm handgun. Then I have a shotgun. Occasionally I go bird hunting with friends … Then I have a (.22-caliber) rifle I use just for varmint hunting."

One thing I did like about knute is he pointed out the fatal flaws of Brownstains prize RED FLAG LAW" 1 .That the person does not receive help and 2 they do not get their day in court.
A creative mechanically inclined individual could easily figure a way to create mass harm with out the use of a store bought firearm.

Are their any dems at all that support the 2a with the exception of Betsy Johnson . they have a habit of not mentioning it in their campaign ligature.

Not voting when a candidate doesn't suit you is patriotic.

As much as I would like to agree, at this point we're down to a difficult reality: You can hold your nose and vote for Knute, and hope for a pragmatic step back from the brink for the state of Oregon, or you can refuse to vote for him for whatever reason, and effectively surrender. I do like to stand on principles, but we're facing a stark reality.

Still doesn't have my vote.

View attachment 505339
When I see a waiting period to buy that screams to me that the government is totally incompetent and unable to use information at hand with the many trillions of dollars they steal from us each year to make sound decisions. The same government that can't keep drugs out of prisons, a place where they have total control over everyone inside.

Wow, Gov Brown owns an "antique shotgun". Sounds like she's really trying to connect with gun owners.

Election 2018: Kate Brown and Knute Buehler on guns

Here's the meat and potatoes:

KATE BROWN

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015), requiring criminal and mental health checks for nearly all private gun sales and transfers: Signed it into law
  • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): signed it into law
  • Expansion of firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts; measure also prohibited certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): signed into law
  • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: signed it into law
  • Closing the "boyfriend loophole" by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): requested the legislation, made it one of her top priorities and signed it into law
  • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as "assault weapons"? Yes
  • Own a firearm? "Yes, I have an antique shotgun."
KNUTE BUEHLER

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015): voted "no"
  • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): voted "yes"
  • Expand firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts, and prohibits certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): voted "yes"
  • Require a 10-day waiting period to purchase firearms if Oregon State Police is unable to conduct a background check (House Bill 4147, 2016): voted "no"; bill passed the House but died in the Democrat-controlled Senate
  • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: voted "no"
  • Closing the "boyfriend loophole" by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): voted "yes"
  • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as assault weapons? No
  • Own a firearm? "Yes. One for self-protection. I have a 9mm handgun. Then I have a shotgun. Occasionally I go bird hunting with friends … Then I have a (.22-caliber) rifle I use just for varmint hunting."

There a some hot issues on this ballot that if the dems don't win is going to through them into a ranting insane tailspin.

This video (March 2108) is for those of you who have not already seen it. Just skip ahead to 1:15 into video and you will here it right from the horses mouth. She hasen't said much since because of the upcoming election, that is until she was put on the spot.

I would rather not vote for Knute as we don't really know what to expect, but with Brown we all go down!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top