Kate Brown & Knute Buehler... Where they stand on guns

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by cigars, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    DON'T CALIFORNIA OREGON. Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Wow, Gov Brown owns an "antique shotgun". Sounds like she's really trying to connect with gun owners.

Election 2018: Kate Brown and Knute Buehler on guns

Here's the meat and potatoes:

KATE BROWN

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015), requiring criminal and mental health checks for nearly all private gun sales and transfers: Signed it into law
    • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): signed it into law
    • Expansion of firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts; measure also prohibited certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): signed into law
    • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: signed it into law
    • Closing the “boyfriend loophole” by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): requested the legislation, made it one of her top priorities and signed it into law
    • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as “assault weapons”? Yes
    • Should Oregon require gun owners to keep them in a safe or other locked container or secured with a trigger lock? Undetermined
    • Own a firearm? “Yes, I have an antique shotgun.”
    KNUTE BUEHLER

• Universal background check law (Senate Bill 941, 2015): voted “no”
    • Ban on gun and ammunition ownership for convicted domestic abusers and people with certain restraining orders against them (Senate Bill 525, 2015): voted “yes”
    • Expand firearms ban in local courts to include municipal, juvenile and other courts, and prohibits certain pocketknives (Senate Bill 385, 2015): voted “yes”
    • Require a 10-day waiting period to purchase firearms if Oregon State Police is unable to conduct a background check (House Bill 4147, 2016): voted “no”; bill passed the House but died in the Democrat-controlled Senate
    • Extreme risk protection law (Senate Bill 719, 2017), which allows a judge to take guns away from people who may harm themselves or others: voted “no”
    • Closing the “boyfriend loophole” by expanding an existing ban on guns for people with stalking and domestic violence convictions (House Bill 4145, 2018): voted “yes”
    • Should Oregon ban the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms and define them as assault weapons? No
    • Should Oregon require gun owners to keep them in a safe or other locked container or secured with a trigger lock? Undetermined
    • Own a firearm? “Yes. One for self-protection. I have a 9mm handgun. Then I have a shotgun. Occasionally I go bird hunting with friends … Then I have a (.22-caliber) rifle I use just for varmint hunting.”

2. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Bronze Supporter

I wonder just what kind of "antique shotgun" Brown owns...Just 'cause I'm weird that way...not weird enough to call or write her , just to ask however...:D

I thought it was already against Federal law , if you have a domestic violence and or stalking conviction , to own a firearm...?
    If so those two "stances" seem pointless...since they are already in place ....
    Andy

Flymph, mkwerx, usausausa and 9 others like this.
  3. CLT65

CLT65
    Yamhill County

Thank you. As much as I'm not terribly excited about Buehler, for various reasons, I think we all need to actively, loudly, and wholeheartedly get behind his campaign for governor. His biggest positive is that he's not Kate Brown.

Just my opinion, but I think we're past the point of waiting for the ideal candidate or withholding our vote to "make a point".

4. etrain16

etrain16
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

Knute is hardly my ideal candidate, but he's a far cry better than Brown, so he gets my vote.

I only hope those that typically refuse to vote or vote 3rd party out of protest for not having their "perfect" candidate on the ballot, think further ahead and consider the damage Kate is already doing and will keep doing, if re-elected. Time for her to go.

5. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

It's probably just a lamp post .
    And don't work but in her eyes it is a gun lol

6. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Kate most likely owns a blunderbuss...

v0lcom13sn0w, Ura-Ki, 3MTA3 and 5 others like this.
  7. partsed

partsed
    Silverton Oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Well that makes me want to vote for her......

Said no one.... :cool:

8. deadeye

deadeye
    Albany,OR.
    Moderator Staff Member

Lets stay on topic and remember the forum rules.

9. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

you spelled broomstick wrong

10. bbbass

bbbass
    La Grande

Oh heck, he's a total gun nut!!! :rolleyes:

11. bbbass

bbbass
    La Grande

Thread closed.

Raidingtime and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. 66PonyCar

66PonyCar
    Tigard, OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

13. nammac

nammac

Does anyone else find it ironic that Kate Brown is busy taking away Oregonians gun rights, yet has her own...

Hypocrite!

14. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA

It would be nice to know when the last time that either of the candidates last used their firearms.

15. nammac

nammac

More importantly, how proficient they might be... Seeing they want to control our arms, perhaps they should start with their own :eek:

spookshack, 3MTA3, Flymph and 6 others like this.
  16. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)
    Civility is a two way street. Diamond Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Of course whom would believe what they say they will do.
    Reality is there are others planned legislative laws planned for next year brown didn't mention (ooops ).

Hicaps for rifles to 20, and some form of semi-auto handgun limit for mags not sure on that part specifically.
    Obviously by saying 20 that would eliminate a huge amount of those existing.
    From what I was hearing nothing that is above the release limit on the handgun. Such as comes with 12 you can't buy a 20 pro-mag. Its seem they are still discussing it this summer no official draft. I'll post more when I know more. Back to your normally scheduled programming.

My vote is for Knute as from his record he wouldn't pass these.

newtonpo, 3MTA3, bbbass and 3 others like this.
  17. nammac

nammac

Katie’s got a gun...

76100E51-F2E0-4801-8FA8-940E9CE3F264.jpeg

usausausa, Pete F, 3MTA3 and 7 others like this.
  18. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA

bbbass, Certaindeaf and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Superglide

Superglide
    Clackamas OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Please, for the love of flowers, will some "investigatory journalist" please ask her what size chamber her shotgun has. And what does it choke to.

I could use a good laugh.

SparksFly, Pete F, 3MTA3 and 9 others like this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Doin Patriot Stuff
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think we all know the answer to that, but it would still be a hell of a laugh to hear her answer!:D