JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This morning I heard Kate Brown on some press conference on the radio. Mayor Denny Doyle of Beaverton gets up and addresses Kate Brown. He said that he just returned from the national conference of mayors in DC and gun violence was on the forefront. So he asks Kate Brown what her thoughts were. Kate Brown said that the gun issues that the republicans walked out over last session are on the table again in the new long session in February.
Deny Doyle is a progressive douche nozzle. He was recently voted out and replaced by an even bigger progressive douche nozzle, Lacy Beatty so Beaverton is well on it's way to being even more of a progressive liberal douche bag utopia.
So look for more from the usual gun control progressive douche nozzles in Oregon's 2021 legislative session. Hopefully the republicans still have the balls to walk out.

Every time I hear a liberal say something about "common sense gun control", I think about this little video. In my opinion, every adult in the world should see it, and it should be shown in every high school.

At this point, the best thing I can say is I'm glad we haven't been disarmed yet. We have the wherewithal to resist the idiotic impulse to repeat the failures of history.

Every time I hear a liberal say something about "common sense gun control", I think about this little video. In my opinion, every adult in the world should see it, and it should be shown in every high school.

At this point, the best thing I can say is I'm glad we haven't been disarmed yet. We have the wherewithal to resist the idiotic impulse to repeat the failures of history.

Video comes across a little propaganda-ey. Still, I'd prefer the source material included in high school classes today as opposed to some of the PG stuff that flies for "history" lessons.

IMO, the real tragedy is in teaching or giving the impression that society has somehow evolved, that we're radically different from the murderers of the past.

To that end, I'd recommend Ordinary Men by Browning, The Road to Wigan Pier by Orwell, and The Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitszen (sp?) to everyone but specifically anyone under 30.

Democrats. Bless their little hearts.

From the article:

""Now that this election is over, it's time to come together and govern," Kotek said. "There is more that unites us than divides us, and it's time to get to work on behalf of Oregonians who need our support more than ever."

159C895B-E42D-430F-B3B4-3CB5C61D2B05.jpeg

Last Edited:
They put the treatment option on hold for the new drug laws .The time to change things is not in the middle of several other messes one created.

I know this is what those folks want...but selling our home in Beav town and moving out of the PDX area. Sorry to leave you all to deal with it.

Last Edited:
Not really sure what to say about this. Portland was on fire for how many nights? Yet the people who live there voted for more of it. So of course the law makers are going to give the voters what they asked for, less rights. The voters do after all get what they vote for. :s0054:

I don't see it flying this time. Too many people this year became new gun owners.
I had read that this year just in Oregon there was a 90% increase in firearms bought in 2020 vs other years.
She can try but I think Kate Brown will get to too much flak from both sides for going after the guns.

Last Edited:
I don't see it flying this time. Too many people this year became new gun owners.
I had read that this year just in Oregon there was a 90% increase in firearms bought in 2020 vs other years.
She can try but I think Kate Brown will get to too much flak from both side for going after the guns.
Certainly hope but, it has gotten to where I no longer hold out a lot of hope. You have to remember people like Kate are NOT going to just suddenly say "All guns are now illegal, turn them in." That's not how it works. What they have done and will do is pick certain guns and mags. Say those are now no go. Amazing how short memories are. Remember when places said if you are old enough to join the Military and use a rifle you are no longer old enough to own and buy one? MANY gun owners were all in on this. They felt it did not effect them, their AR was safe, so pass another law. Once you tell a law maker that you opened Pandora, no closing it. Next will be all AR's. Most of those new gun owners did not buy one and will say "OK, does not hurt me, take those AR's". It's all about compromise. We just need common sense gun laws. Sounds great to me, look how well they have worked so far. :s0092:

I know this is what those folks want...but selling our home in Beav town and moving out of the PDX area. Sorry to leave you all to deal with it.
'Grats! We're out of this entire state as soon as my wife graduates. Not sure where we'll go...she's got extended family in the Carolinas and the Smokey Mountains do look nice...

Same old loosing issue that the silly progressives think will win them more voters but is just echos of their same old, same ol' hysterical garbage issues that the media use to brainwash the simple, weak and distracted :(

I've got the wife and kids on-board with an out of sate move. We've already got an appraisal on the property and are researching the 'right' place to go. We've talked a lot about having real winters, with snow on the ground for a few months. We're ready for it. We're rural, always lived on property in the country, pretty self sufficient and know how to deal with things that happen when isolated. I've been told I never have to go back to the office, my mgr is in Az, I'm in Or. Doesn't really matter where I live with regard to work anymore.

The nail that really drove it home for me is the take over of the timber land by Weyerhaeuser. I bucked the permit system until the area behind my property (I've got 30 acres), which I've hunted exclusively for elk for the last 24 years, became part of the permit system. I complied, now that property behind my house is a private lease that cuts off my access to any timber land behind me. More and more leases are being offered, reducing the amount of available land for permit holders. I have to drive to get to a hunting area now. I went from being surrounded by open timber land to becoming an island in the middle of inaccessible timber land. There's very little state land in Col co., some timber companies still allow unpermitted access.

Portland is an embarrassment, nobody can take pride in that sh*t hole. Aaron Denielson dated my oldest daughter for a few years when they were in their 20's. He was a good person, he helped me out a lot when I was hurt. They way he was killed is hard to get over and exemplifies the Portland attitude. My bro's wife got into it with my daughter on social media, saying Arron was a Nazi and deserved what he got, my daughter was trying to defend Aaron. Funny thing is my daughter is a liberal also but that really made her take a hard look at things. I called my SIL and read her the riot act, she's no longer welcome in our home or any of my families homes. My brother tried to make up but he's in bed w/the b*tch, the only difference is he's more tactful around family. True colors were shown, a divide was created. Saddened me greatly, my bro and I have a lot of history but he crossed the line.

I won't give up anymore, period. I'm going to take my family (got 12 yo twins) out of here and start over. I realize this isn't going to just go away and that I may be running from the fire to the frying pan. But it's time, I'll get a reprieve for a while, hopefully long enough to get dug in, stocked up and prepared. My kids will get an adventure and we'll start a new chapter. Oregon's dead to me.......

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads