JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every time I hear a liberal say something about "common sense gun control", I think about this little video. In my opinion, every adult in the world should see it, and it should be shown in every high school.

Howard, I watched the presentation.
I am left aghast that people listen to politicians & the media & not do there own research. The leftist want to destroy our history & ignore the world history. "It will never happen here",
I will not apologize to anyone that agrees or spouts such B.S.
They all can KMA! :s0066:
If it wasn't for the 2A in the 40s, the Left coast probably would have been invaded, the Aleutians were.
Treason is a hanging offense. :s0042:

Howard, I thank you for the history link :cool:

They put the treatment option on hold for the new drug laws .The time to change things is not in the middle of several other messes one created.
Excellent point, and one 2A people should hammer on. If they are serious about violence reduction, ratcheting down the drug war should be the priority.

She's hoping to draw attention away from her failures at handling Covid and her colossal, abysmal failure at getting Unemployment checks out to people.
Its and old, old ploy for politicians.

Howard, I watched the presentation.
I am left aghast that people listen to politicians & the media & not do there own research. The leftist want to destroy our history & ignore the world history. "It will never happen here",
I will not apologize to anyone that agrees or spouts such B.S.
They all can KMA! :s0066:
If it wasn't for the 2A in the 40s, the Left coast probably would have been invaded, the Aleutians were.
Treason is a hanging offense. :s0042:

Howard, I thank you for the history link :cool:

You're welcome, friend.

I have some good news.
Maybe?

bc-or-election-2020-oregon-legislature-1st-ld-writethru

''Oregon's Democratic lawmakers will fall short of winning enough state legislative seats to prevent Republicans from staging walkouts that have halted action at the Capitol in recent years.''
The question is will they prevent a quorum over gun restrictions. The last walkout(s) weren't really over gun restrictions. I hope they would but I have my doubts.

"They" will say it hasn't worked because they haven't gone far enough. Same old song and dance. :(:mad:

I don't see it flying this time. Too many people this year became new gun owners.
I had read that this year just in Oregon there was a 90% increase in firearms bought in 2020 vs other years.
She can try but I think Kate Brown will get to too much flak from both side for going after the guns.

I'm not sure about that at all... the latest trend in governance is not to give a rat's azz what the people think or want or don't want.... Unfortunately, we the people did fall for the CAT tho. Sigh.

Excellent point, and one 2A people should hammer on. If they are serious about violence reduction, ratcheting down the drug war should be the priority.

Make all drugs free... no mo drug dealing thugs!!!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I bought my Steyr S9 at least in part because I liked it aesthetically, and have never regretted it. Oddly enough I think Glocks (which don't look much different) are as ugly as a mud fence.
That said I bought an ugly car because I don't have to look at it while driving or riding in it and I really like the performance.

Hi_Point anyone???

Agree that Glocks are ugly, but they function like the AK of pistoldom.

Reminds me of that old song about getting an ugly girl for your wife... ;);):D

Prius... ugly as sin. Many other reasons I don't want one tho. Lets see... Volvo, nope. Citroen, ick. Edsel, omg.

Corbin_Sparrow.jpg
bondbug.jpg
aa10762ad5c768e038c97c14145d117f_XL.jpg
bd40a23b5a83372e797030ffa432809a.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
cars11.jpg
Peel-Trident.jpg

:D:D:D

This morning I heard Kate Brown on some press conference on the radio. Mayor Denny Doyle of Beaverton gets up and addresses Kate Brown. He said that he just returned from the national conference of mayors in DC and gun violence was on the forefront. So he asks Kate Brown what her thoughts were. Kate Brown said that the gun issues that the republicans walked out over last session are on the table again in the new long session in February.
Deny Doyle is a progressive douche nozzle. He was recently voted out and replaced by an even bigger progressive douche nozzle, Lacy Beatty so Beaverton is well on it's way to being even more of a progressive liberal douche bag utopia.
So look for more from the usual gun control progressive douche nozzles in Oregon's 2021 legislative session. Hopefully the republicans still have the balls to walk out.
there's republicans in Oregon legislature still? wow. lotta good it does in a supermajority democrat stronghold.

there's republicans in Oregon legislature still? wow. lotta good it does in a supermajority democrat stronghold.

It's better than none at all... at least there were enough that a walkout deprived them of a quorum and killed a bunch of bad juju two diff times!!

But normally, we're pretty screwed on most things. I hate it!!!

From Oregon Firearms Federation today:

"Here in Oregon the Governor has called for a "special session" on Dec 21. As has become the norm in Oregon, you will not be allowed to be part of the process except through whatever video feeds are working at the time. Input from citizens in Oregon is no longer a practical reality.....

..... As for coming legislation, we do know that there have been a number of bills drafted and introduced as "legislative concepts" already. Several of these would end the requirement for a quorum to vote on bills and fine any legislator who was not present. This would assure that the ruling party could ram through anything and it would be impossible to stall dangerous legislation by walking out, a tactic the Republicans used to block dangerous gun control bills, like the mandatory lock up bill, in the past.

Other bills would basically outlaw police in schools and we have been reliably informed that there will be a reintroduction of the mandatory lock up bill and a new "permit to purchase" bill.

If the past is any indication, the ruling party will block any legislation or amendments proposed by Republicans. However, it's important to keep in mind that anything can happen. As you know, there is currently a battle for leadership in the House with the winner becoming Speaker. "

This is just one of many reasons I, like others on this forum, am leaving Oregon.

I've reached the conclusion that conservative issues are a lost cause in this state and its time to leave.

Fortunately, I was able to purchase a home this summer in SW Idaho and plan to move next spring. My time at the new house has literally been a breath of fresh air: No homeless, thieving drug addicts camped 100 feet from my door, no nightly car prowlers, no weekly confrontations with the violent mentality ill, no having to conceal my personal or political views for my family's or my homes safety. And we've been warmly welcomed by neighbors and those we've done business with.

What a completely different world.

I simply can not wait to leave the political, tax, and cultural hellhole that the state and, especially, Multnomah County has become.

I love the natural, if not the human, world of Oregon and will still be able to enjoy my favorite parts, the SE high desert, without the 10 hour drive, the ever growing limitations on my creator-given rights, the repressive taxes, the hostility of the tolerant left, and the complete dismissal of the will of the majority of Oregon voters.

I hate to run, but decades of experience in this state has convinced me that the fight is lost. I'll make my stand in Idaho and do my best to keep it conservative.

Last Edited:
Fortunately, I was able to purchase a home this summer in SW Idaho and plan to move next spring. My time at the new house has literally been a breath of fresh air: No homeless, thieving drug addicts camped 100 feet from my door, no nightly car prowlers, no weekly confrontations with the violent mentality ill, no having to conceal my personal or political views for my family's or my homes safety. And we've been warmly welcomed by neighbors and those we've done business with.
All I can think of is "head in the sand", this is so far from reality, it is laughable! Idaho is NOT a conservative sanctuary, it has been invaded by a very liberal mentality and is well on it's way to becoming a Blue state. Don't let the last election results fool you. It is very purple, thanks to ALL the emigrants! Newbies are being played by the politicians and realtors!

Last Edited:
All I can think of is "head in the sand", this is so far from reality, it is laughable! Idaho in NOT a conservative sanctuary, it has been invaded by a very liberal mentality and is well on it's way to becoming a Blue state. Don't let the last election results fool you. It is very purple, thanks to ALL the emigrants! Newbies are being played by the politicians and realtors!
Are there any states turning more red? His post highlighted the stark comparisson between the 2, and there is little arguement that Idaho is more conservative, and will likely remain "relatively" more conservative in the near future. Idaho still has a chance, at least on paper. Oregon is lost. The next OR gov is likely Fagan, and she will make Brown look like a moderate. Your business, but you may want to be a bit more welcoming to like-minded folks. I certainly would be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top