JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those who have not had them. Katahdin sheep are hair sheep and produce no wool. Without the wool there is little to no lanolin. Lanolin is what gives sheep that mutton taste. Even people that dont like lamb have told me that these taste fantastic. I have butchered several of these and have a freezer full. I would keep them but I have a pig at the butcher right now and a cow that will be going in a month. $100 each. On site kill is OK. $20 gut disposal if you choose to leave them, but they make great coyote bait.

I am no a pro. butcher. 1.5 months ago I butchered 2 of them and I am sure that I wasted allot more than a pro would. I ended up with 4 nice roast 30lbs of steak and 28lbs of ground.
Round about way of answering but I would guess right now they weigh about 75-80 lbs. maybe a little more, on the hoof. Should end up with 55+/- lbs per animal

I am also willing to trade.

I would call C&C in scio. They are the cheapest around for cows and pigs. I dont know what they will charge I have never paid anyone to butcher one for me. (they are just like cutting a deer)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top