Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Simply Triggers
HighLine Firearms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Reactions
For those who have not had them. Katahdin sheep are hair sheep and produce no wool. Without the wool there is little to no lanolin. Lanolin is what gives sheep that mutton taste. Even people that dont like lamb have told me that these taste fantastic. I have butchered several of these and have a freezer full. I would keep them but I have a pig at the butcher right now and a cow that will be going in a month. $100 each. On site kill is OK. $20 gut disposal if you choose to leave them, but they make great coyote bait.

Reactions
I am no a pro. butcher. 1.5 months ago I butchered 2 of them and I am sure that I wasted allot more than a pro would. I ended up with 4 nice roast 30lbs of steak and 28lbs of ground.
Round about way of answering but I would guess right now they weigh about 75-80 lbs. maybe a little more, on the hoof. Should end up with 55+/- lbs per animal

I am also willing to trade.

Reactions
Bump with a price drop. $85 per animal. $160 for both. If no wants them at that price they are going into my freezer.

Reactions
I would call C&C in scio. They are the cheapest around for cows and pigs. I dont know what they will charge I have never paid anyone to butcher one for me. (they are just like cutting a deer)

Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
NW Custom Firearms
Cerberus Training Group
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Southwest Firearms Forum
Project Appleseed
Copeland Custom Gunworks

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Top Bottom