JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An amendment to the Kansas Constitution that was drafted to declare a person’s right to own guns for any lawful purpose was approved overwhelming by voters in Tuesday’s election. The Kansas Constitution will now read, “A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, for lawful hunting and recreational use, and for any other lawful purpose.”

<broken link removed>

I wish more states would follow the lead Kansas has taken.

I grew up in Kansas in Kansas City and go back to visit my brother and sister in law from time to time. I find it ironic that my WA state CPL does not allow me to carry in Kansas City, KS, but if I drive a couple of miles east of my brother's house and cross the MO state line I am legal. :nuts:

This was already done for the whole country 200 years ago. 200 years from now the courts will be backed up trying to define person. If you live in a house with more than one person then it's people and you will have to get rid of your guns. Lol

This was already done for the whole country 200 years ago. 200 years from now the courts will be backed up trying to define person. If you live in a house with more than one person then it's people and you will have to get rid of your guns. Lol

This (enumerating right to bear arms) was done in Oregon's state constitution, yet we still have restrictions on our rights that are listed in both the state and the country constitutions.

SOME state constitutions have a right to bear arms and specifically say that concealed carry is NOT a right. Oregon's is not like that, yet we have restrictions on concealed carry.

I grew up not far away Cougfan2. Maybe 20 or 30 miles west in rural leavenworth county. I'm glad to see this amendment but they do need to work on the chl laws. They won't issue out of state licenses, won't recognize Or. & Wa., and only recognize a few out of state licenses, and only when you're a resident of the state it's issued in (IF I understand all the legal mumbo jumbo correctly)....kinda makes me want to avoid visiting the ol' hometown

This (enumerating right to bear arms) was done in Oregon's state constitution, yet we still have restrictions on our rights that are listed in both the state and the country constitutions.

SOME state constitutions have a right to bear arms and specifically say that concealed carry is NOT a right. Oregon's is not like that, yet we have restrictions on concealed carry.

All laws that infringe upon a United States Citizen God given RIGHT to at all times be armed is Unconstitutional! I don't give a rats arse who says different. And if the people would ever pull their collective head out and kick the liberal scum (both R&D) that has been running this country out we just might get our rights and our country back. Think TERM LIMITS for all elected positions. No more life time appointments of judges, no more f'n career politicians, no more lame-duck shove it down the peoples throat before the newly elected take control of the reins. You want your RIGHTS? Than you had best grow a backbone and start fighting for them, because the sky is about ready to fall on your wee little head!

All laws that infringe upon a United States Citizen God given RIGHT to at all times be armed is Unconstitutional! I don't give a rats arse who says different. And if the people would ever pull their collective head out and kick the liberal scum (both R&D) that has been running this country out we just might get our rights and our country back. Think TERM LIMITS for all elected positions. No more life time appointments of judges, no more f'n career politicians, no more lame-duck shove it down the peoples throat before the newly elected take control of the reins. You want your RIGHTS? Than you had best grow a backbone and start fighting for them, because the sky is about ready to fall on your wee little head!

:drink:

well said.

Bravo!! My feelings exactly! :s0155:

Agreed!

One of the places I have been I want to be armed no wonder they honor most every ones permit. Now Kansas they should honor also as that KC and Wichita is about the same in my opinion.

Then we have Independence, Kansas well 2nd time I have ever had a knife pulled on me and asked for my wallet. Now! If I was armed in Kansas there would have been 1 less Creep, I and a couple of others would still have their wallets. (Only $10 was in that wallet) I.D. & CC was in my other pocket safe and sound.

Ohh it took the police about 20 min to arrive from call to show perp was long gone and police treated us like criminals.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top