JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in northern Cal a month or so ago and gas was $4.39. 80 odd miles away in Grants pass it was $2.90 at Fred Meyer. I bought enough to get back to Oregon

I probably won't drive all the way to California just to buy gas
so I don't think I'll worry too much about this.
As a matter of fact, if I drive to California for any reason
you may feel free to have me institutionalized.

The state will raise taxes until the voters stop them. The voters there get exactly what they ask for. <shrug>
Only sad part is as the voters see the mess the people they elect make they blame people who are not in charge of anything. Then vote the same people back in to "fix it".

two years ago I drove my Prius from home to Fresno and back. I log all fuel consumption, pricing etc. It cost me $90 to drive down and back. The highest prices I've paid in that car were in California during "low" price periods.

Oregon is about to say "hold my beer and watch this.." over P.E.R.S.

Let's briefly recap the absolute stupidity that is the California voter...

• About 18 months ago and under cover of darkness, the California ruling elite illegally tried to sneak through a gas tax increase
  • They got caught and then had to put it on the ballot for a vote
  • See the gas tax was needed to repair the crumbling roads. Never-mind that there already was gas tax allotted for road repair, but the ruling elite have continually pillaged that tax for much needed improvements like a multi BILLION dollar bullet train to nowhere.
  • Not only did California voters agree to the gas tax, they agreed that the government could subsequently increase the tax whenever they wished without voter approval
  • But ok, California voters are dumb but at least the roads are getting fixed, right?
  • Nope. Governor Newsome recently announced he would be pillaging the gas tax revenue once again for more of his pet projects.
Yes, California voters really are this stupid. Don't feel sorry for the dumb ones. They're getting exactly what they deserve. Feel sorry for smart minority that is grossly outnumbered in this godforsaken state. :rolleyes:

When my Dad retired from the CIA he told me in 1999 it won't be long before gas was $5 a gallon.
He called it, he also would tell me and my brother to leave our phones in the car.
Because the Govt could listen to us.. we thought he was crazy.

Little did we know.

(But he's still crazy)

Washington won't be far behind they passed a gas tax increase not too long ago that would make an increase every couple years, we just saw one jump.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top