JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like gun rights ain't the only thing Arnys gone soft on....:s0001:

35d6z46.jpg

For all good people who choose to bear arms ... be happy you don't live in the Kommunist Republik of Kalifornia ....

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do
not." ~Thomas Jefferson

2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms..

4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the
others.

14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

15.. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

The biggest joke about this new ligislation is, "a person cannot transfer, give, sell, gift, etc. more than 50 rounds of ammo to another person in a one month time frame...including within family."

I do a lot of .22 competition shooing. Consequently I usually have a couple thousand rounds of .22 ammo on hand. Now, let's see...if I lived in California, and my son and I were shooting at a .22 competition and he needed 100 more rounds to finish the shoot...I could not legally give him more than 50 rounds.

Yea, right! No one is going to tell me what I can do with what I legally own. Particularly within my family.

One of the reasons I moved out of California over 30 years ago.

Der Fuhrer Schwartzenegger calls himself a Republican, but is a stooge for Kennedy political dynasty. So, does anybody who believes him to be a Republican want to buy some ocean front property in Montana? It seems to me that more and more Republicans are jumping on the gun-grabbing wagon and more and more Democrats are jumping off. Sure glad that I'm registered as an independent!

The biggest joke about this new ligislation is, "a person cannot transfer, give, sell, gift, etc. more than 50 rounds of ammo to another person in a one month time frame...including within family."

Actually the pro gunners did manage to get this stripped from the bill.

The measure is California's first statewide regulation of ammunition sales. It survived close votes in both the Assembly and state Senate and strong opposition from gun-rights organizations, which succeeded in stripping a provision that would have required sellers of more than 50 rounds of ammunition a month to be licensed by the state.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/13/BA551A4M82.DTL#ixzz0TvZkqIVt

Next step is, the Ca DOJ, will come to your house and ask why you have stockpiled ammo. They'll tell you how much ammo you can have at your house. If you sell ammo to your neighbor, you just committed a fellony? They don't need to ban guns. They just stopped your supply of ammo. Sounds like we need to the hills, and have at least 500yds of clear sighting distance to fend off the communist hordes. WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, that law is wrong on so many levels. Just as we were starting to see some slight increase in ammo supply the hoarding is going to start up again. I was in Gresham this week at Keith's and the fellow ahead of me checking out was a Californian buying a case of handgun ammo. It's the same here in Lincoln City, where our only ammo supplier is Bi-Mart, and they have been limiting sales to 4 boxes per person per day for months. Today I saw a family group of 4 checking out separately, each with 4 boxes of ammo, and overheard them talking about their return to, --you guessed it-- California. I haven't been able to fire my .380 for months because I can't get any ammo for it. 9mm is usually available, but can seldom get any .40 or .45. When they do have any, it's only FMJ, no hollow-points or defense rounds.

I hope this is the final straw that broke the peasants back.

I hope to see an uprising of gun shops and whatnot refusing to abide by this new legislation. Will never happen, I know. But it's time someone started standing up.

I actually think this will go the other way and will be a good thing in the eyes of gun shop owners. The way I see it going down is Walmart will cease to sell ammo in Kalifornia due to the increased requirements. Then all the good folk of Kalifornia that don't by their ammo out of state will be forced to buy from there local authorized ammunition distributor (AKA local gun shop).

I would think that if any of these chain stores that sell ammo would cease to do so in California, they would bring it instead to Oregon and then Californians would come here to get it.

Some will, but the I doubt the majority of Californians are going to drive 3-4 hours one way to buy their annual ammo supply.

Your regular law abiding citizen won't make the drive but plenty on enterprising individuals will. Glad I don't live close to the Cali border....thats where the supply will be affected.

..this law is not really about tracking ammo or the people who buy it. It is really about forcing retail stores to stop selling it due to the redtape and added costs. It is a backhanded way to reduce availability by making large chains just say "it just isn't worth the extra time and manpower."

Just another reason why no one should ever buy guns or supplies from large retailers. If you do and the little guys go out of business you are screwed when the big guys decide to not cater to you anymore...and the big guys are easily swayed by politicians and special interests.

Just another reason why no one should ever buy guns or supplies from large retailers. If you do and the little guys go out of business you are screwed when the big guys decide to not cater to you anymore...and the big guys are easily swayed by politicians and special interests.

Agreed! And as we spoke about before, retail chains do have their purpose. I go there to check out the guns then I go buy them from the little guy! :D

Some will, but the I doubt the majority of Californians are going to drive 3-4 hours one way to buy their annual ammo supply.

You may be right, but Californians already cross the border and come here (Medford area) to buy lots of other things due to the lack of a sales tax. When I go to Costco it seems like maybe 1/4 of the cars and trucks have Cali license plates.

They load up on non-perishable foods, computers, big screen TV's, other electronics, and even farm implements, equipment and supplies.

I think that's why we read on this forum that there is ammo in the middle of the state (Salem etc) while we still have empty shelves for the most part. This new Cali law can only make things worse imho.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top