JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom wants to make it illegal for people to buy ammunition without passing a background check. He's expected to announce the ballot initiative later today in San Francisco, and Los Angeles Times notes a similar law was rejected a few years ago.

All those poor gang bangers will have to learn to reload:p. And the streets will be cleaner cause they'll police their brass.

And so, what happens if they just drive across the border and buy it there instead? If they're bad guys, they could give a sh!t if they have legally obtained ammo or not. Once again, idiots proposing idiot legislation that will do NOTHING to stop, curb or reduce gun violence.

I'm still waiting for the 'big one' to break Cali off into the sea...

Gray market ammo, sounds like a booming business opportunity for local California small time thug

Well, they got rid of gun stores down in Oakland and the criminals went out of state and bought ammo by the case. However to do a background check for ammo is a registry as to who has ammo.

Well, so long as they protect my right to walk into a restaurant, bare bubblegum naked, and eat dinner, I'm good with the ammo check. Sick Francisco... why would we expect anything less :rolleyes:.

The next law they propose will make it illegal to lock your front door.
Because it will make it easier for the police to come rescue you when you call 911..

The next law they propose will make it illegal to lock your front door.
Because it will make it easier for the police to come rescue you when you call 911..

That will only happen after some first responder sues a homeowner for leaving their door locked and injured himself while trying to gain entry. His name will be the name of the new law. John's law, you must keep doors unlocked or 1st responders will not legally have to serve you.

So look around how democrats in other states run your shooting lives...

"Here in CT we've already got that. You MUST have a permit or a special AMMO permit to buy ammo here. And, in MA as a CT resident I can't even buy a shotgun shell and that's regardless whether I've got my non-res permit, hunting license, or any other type of ID, period. At least in CT you, as non-resident, can apply for an ammo permit and buy it here. But, the point you're making is that this is just one more incremental hoop for the gun owner to have to jump through to enjoy the 2a. Now, I wonder........will all the bad guys in Oakland be streaming to the stores to buy their ammo and trying to pass NICs or do ya think they'll buy it out of the trunk of an old Ford for cash. I wonder. Mr. Newsom, your scheme will make zero difference."

That will only happen after some first responder sues a homeowner for leaving their door locked and injured himself while trying to gain entry.

In this day and age, it's much more likely the criminal is going to sue you for injuring himself while trying to break into your place because you had the audacity to lock your door. And sad thing is, with the crazy courts now days, he would probably win.

Things like this, and people wonder WHY I pray for Commiefornia to fall into the ocean. And while I'm sure there's some reason in the Lord's Grand Design he hasn't deemed it appropriate to grant my prayer, it sure would make dealing with that festering pustule on America's external sphincter ani a whole lot easier if he were to share a little about what its place in that Grand Design is.

When you live in a hell of your own making don't expect god to save you. We wait until our rights are near gone yet still won't stand up to tyrants that steal them. I hear god hates a coward and we must be cowards to not stand up for our God given rights.

Sorry for being preachy, it's past my bedtime.:D

Those same kind of POS's are running the show in OR and WA, so I would expect this to be part of the upcoming legislative session.

Ray

No, they will continue to steal it just like their weapons. It will only affect the law abiding just like the majority of all gun control laws. Remember it is not about gun control it is about people control.

I was actually poking fun at the stupidity of the initiative.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top