Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

kali wants background check for ammo

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Just Jim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom wants to make it illegal for people to buy ammunition without passing a background check. He’s expected to announce the ballot initiative later today in San Francisco, and Los Angeles Times notes a similar law was rejected a few years ago.

2. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

All those poor gang bangers will have to learn to reload:p. And the streets will be cleaner cause they'll police their brass.

3. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And so, what happens if they just drive across the border and buy it there instead? If they're bad guys, they could give a sh!t if they have legally obtained ammo or not. Once again, idiots proposing idiot legislation that will do NOTHING to stop, curb or reduce gun violence.

I'm still waiting for the 'big one' to break Cali off into the sea...

5. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Gray market ammo, sounds like a booming business opportunity for local California small time thug

hker71 likes this.
  6. Just Jim

Well, they got rid of gun stores down in Oakland and the criminals went out of state and bought ammo by the case. However to do a background check for ammo is a registry as to who has ammo.

7. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Well, so long as they protect my right to walk into a restaurant, bare bubblegum naked, and eat dinner, I'm good with the ammo check. Sick Francisco... why would we expect anything less :rolleyes:.

Dyjital likes this.
  8. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The next law they propose will make it illegal to lock your front door.
    Because it will make it easier for the police to come rescue you when you call 911..

Slobray and spookshack like this.
  9. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That will only happen after some first responder sues a homeowner for leaving their door locked and injured himself while trying to gain entry. His name will be the name of the new law. John's law, you must keep doors unlocked or 1st responders will not legally have to serve you.

10. Just Jim

So look around how democrats in other states run your shooting lives...

"Here in CT we've already got that. You MUST have a permit or a special AMMO permit to buy ammo here. And, in MA as a CT resident I can't even buy a shotgun shell and that's regardless whether I've got my non-res permit, hunting license, or any other type of ID, period. At least in CT you, as non-resident, can apply for an ammo permit and buy it here. But, the point you're making is that this is just one more incremental hoop for the gun owner to have to jump through to enjoy the 2a. Now, I wonder........will all the bad guys in Oakland be streaming to the stores to buy their ammo and trying to pass NICs or do ya think they'll buy it out of the trunk of an old Ford for cash. I wonder. Mr. Newsom, your scheme will make zero difference."

11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You didn't mention that he's also going for mags and clips over 10-rounds as well...

12. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

In this day and age, it's much more likely the criminal is going to sue you for injuring himself while trying to break into your place because you had the audacity to lock your door. And sad thing is, with the crazy courts now days, he would probably win.

13. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Things like this, and people wonder WHY I pray for Commiefornia to fall into the ocean. And while I'm sure there's some reason in the Lord's Grand Design he hasn't deemed it appropriate to grant my prayer, it sure would make dealing with that festering pustule on America's external sphincter ani a whole lot easier if he were to share a little about what its place in that Grand Design is.

Dyjital likes this.
  14. Just Jim

When you live in a hell of your own making don't expect god to save you. We wait until our rights are near gone yet still won't stand up to tyrants that steal them. I hear god hates a coward and we must be cowards to not stand up for our God given rights.

Sorry for being preachy, it's past my bedtime.:D

FortRock likes this.
  15. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Lot of "true dat!" in your statement.

For the secular crowd it's analogous to, "you made your bed, now sleep in it". o_O

16. Deebow

Deebow Portland Well-Known Member

:s0140:

Evidently, Gavin doesn't know that you can just have ammo drop shipped to your house.

17. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I imagine they'll add a restriction against shipping ammo anywhere inside the state. They're idiots, but not entirely dumb.

18. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

Those same kind of POS's are running the show in OR and WA, so I would expect this to be part of the upcoming legislative session.

Ray

erudne likes this.
  19. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was actually poking fun at the stupidity of the initiative.

20. Just Jim

Ammo drop? Does that mean if we join isis we can get 50 tons dropped at the door?:D:D

Dyjital likes this.