JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know....why would we want to take a risk on some weird sounding start up like "Kalashnikov" when we already have the world's greatest producers of AK's, Century Arms. If you don't believe Century Arms is the best, just ask any of the YouTube people they are paying to say that. :)

HEY?! Ted Nugent endorses CAI... you take that back!! Oh wait, he OCCASIONALLY pimps their stuff on his "Spirit of the Wild" TV show on the Outdoor Channel. :rolleyes:

So why is it a good thing that we are supporting a Russian arms company and providing revenue to them?
Pirate:; No disrespect, I try to buy american when I can. However there are some fine foreign made firearms.
Think of it this way, If I marry a fine Russian woman, and we make mad whoopie. Then we have offspring from said mad whoopie. I ask you this, at that point are those offspring foreign or domestic? Conceived in the U.S.A of course. :D Well that's what "Kalashnikov concern" is doing.

I have a PSA upper that I like a lot. What do you not like? Serious inquiry, not pulling your chain.

The quality control is pretty poor. To much gets out the door that shouldn't, improper assembly of the upper for one.
AR10 with massive feed problems, out of spec lowers. The list goes on.

If they can't get the assembly of a AR correct , which is much easier to assembly then a AK, how are they going to get the AK right??

They need to invest in quality control, and customer service. Taking a week to get something out the door is unacceptable .

They say now that AK is made with good parts, but just wait PSA will switch that mid stream , and not say much.

I would just wait until the real AK manufacturer starts up.

Not saying that there isn't good ones out there, but you just never know.

Now I have built a PSA AR and it runs fine, but that was several years ago when things were still pretty good..

The quality control is pretty poor. To much gets out the door that shouldn't, improper assembly of the upper for one.
AR10 with massive feed problems, out of spec lowers. The list goes on.

If they can't get the assembly of a AR correct , which is much easier to assembly then a AK, how are they going to get the AK right??

They need to invest in quality control, and customer service. Taking a week to get something out the door is unacceptable .

They say now that AK is made with good parts, but just wait PSA will switch that mid stream , and not say much.

I would just wait until the real AK manufacturer starts up.

Not saying that there isn't good ones out there, but you just never know.

Now I have built a PSA AR and it runs fine, but that was several years ago when things were still pretty good..

Thanks. I just bought mine a couple of months ago. I'm pretty sure IronMonster and a few others here did too. I haven't heard any complaints from any of them. Of course I don't know about every customer out there, but I honestly hadn't heard of quality problems from them which is why I bought my upper there. Anyone else here have problems with PSA?

Thanks. I just bought mine a couple of months ago. I'm pretty sure IronMonster and a few others here did too. I haven't heard any complaints from any of them. Of course I don't know about every customer out there, but I honestly hadn't heard of quality problems from them which is why I bought my upper there. Anyone else here have problems with PSA?

I haven't had a single problem with my PSA upper.

Guys like IronMonster will probably never have a problem with any gun. He has a good understanding how they work. He'll just fix it.

Ever notice how some people have a POS gun. When others have eight of the same gun. And never complain?

Yes. You paid good money. You shouldn't have to screw with it!

But now days you do, more often than not. You can ship it back to the factory. But you will probably have the same problem when you get it back! Most new guns are not fully baked. And the old ones need TLC.

Folks need to be able to work on there own guns. Or at least understand how they work. So they can troubleshoot them. That's if there going to really get into collecting them.
If not there gona be frustrated and poor.

Same reason why buying Toyota, Subaru, or Hyundai's made in the US are a good thing. At least they provide some jobs in the states to help offset the profit that is sent back to their home countries.
You are absolutely right. There is a bigger picture. I'm not a fan of the Russian government or its leadership but Kalishnikov is a great arms company and the Kalishnikov is a great weapon in the history of small arms. Manufacturing the rifles here is good for America's workers. These will be relatively high-paying, high-skilled jobs that pour dollars into the American economy and taxes to support Americans. Granted the aforementioned companies are friendly to the US and Russia isn't but if you add up all the positives the production of AK's here in America outweigh the negatives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top