JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off let me say, I really like the Kahr on paper and on my hip.
2nd, I'm a fan of revolvers.
3rd, I really can't get used to the trigger.

Am I alone on this? I got a P9 a couple months back and its a dream to carry at around a pound loaded, but I ran it on a couple on the move drills and I just found myself "trying" really hard to get that trigger to reset all the way to the front. My revolvers give some feedback when reseting the trigger but I find myself guiding the Kahr trigger back to its reset point like a boy scout helping an elderly senior across the street.

Is this a time and practice kind of thing that will change? I find that the grip is also so small that I "over" rotate my grip when using it (probably due to I'm used to a fatter grip of my other pistols). I like the comfort of carrying something like this, but I find myself downgrading to my j-frame or upgrading to my glock 35 a lot more b/c the Kahr just doesn't feel that good.

I love the loooong smooooth trigger pull of the Kahr.

Not good for a plinker, its meant to be a pure defense pistol that you can rely on when the adrenalin hits your head like a hammer. Fine motor skills are kaput.

If you are doing IPSC type drills, you may like a competition style gun better.

I've got the budget Kahr, the CW9. I find that the trigger just took some practice. I actually spent a few hours today at a "shooting on the move" practice and I'd say the learning curve is over for me...It's been about 600 rounds with lots of dry fire practice in-between. So sure, it took a while but I can shoot it very well now.
The pull is long, but it is indeed very smooth and I find that I can stage it effectively for reliably accurate shots landing in a tight group at appropriate distances.

As far as the small (and harsh) grip, try the Hogue Handall Jr. I added one to my CW9 recently and it has really made a difference.

I too had a pistol with a long but smooth trigger pull that was weird to me (Glock). I put on a Hogue Hand-all grip sleeve and it made everything PERFECT. The grip sleeve has slight finger-groove ridges on the frontstrap, but most importantly it gave slight palm-swell on both sides. Somehow the change in grip also changed how my finger pulled the trigger, and all was good....................elsullo :s0155:

I was shooting my new CW9 today as well. It has about 150 rounds through it without any glitches, what so ever.:) I've found that I like the trigger, it is smooth, meaning the finger pressure is linear. For a target pistol I think I'd rather have a trigger I could stage but for self-defense, not necessary IMHO.

I was shooting my new CW9 today as well. It has about 150 rounds through it without any glitches, what so ever.:) I've found that I like the trigger, it is smooth, meaning the finger pressure is linear. For a target pistol I think I'd rather have a trigger I could stage but for self-defense, not necessary IMHO.

You'll be staging it in no time.

To the OP,
If you're interested, I posted a couple pictures of the Handall on my CW9 here. Also, that trigger reset does not sound normal at all, I would contact Kahr about it.

I think Kahr's are well thought out, finely engineered pistols with very good ergonomics in a small package. They fit a niche for concealed carry that is hard to beat. The only reason I got rid of mine was on account of the trigger. I am old school though. I have disliked every DAO pistol I have shot for this reason. I have yet to try Kahr's Elite version though. I have been told by another old schooler like myself that is is much better.

The only reason I got rid of mine was on account of the trigger. I am old school though. I have disliked every DAO pistol I have shot for this reason. I have yet to try Kahr's Elite version though. I have been told by another old schooler like myself that is is much better.

so what'd you replace it with?

arjunki: I have read that all except K series come with the "elite trigger" nowadays. I do carry a PM9 myself, but it is my 1st and the only Kahr, so I cannot compare the different.

I've carried a PM9 for about 4 years now. Before that carried a S&W 640 Centennial. As a defensive weapon...love the Kahr. In training (7 yard speed drills..double taps etc) the trigger is fine. Target shooting at 25 yards...forget it.

I carried a K40 ("Elite 2003") for a while. I love the quality and accuracy of the gun, and shooting it casually (i.e. slowly) at the range was a pleasure. But when I did drills and tried to fire quickly, I tended to 'twist' the gun and totally loose accuracy. It's not just the long trigger pull -- which is way longer than any other gun I carry -- its also that the gun fires when the trigger is very close to the very small grip... this is kind of hard to explain, but my trigger finger is bent past 90 degrees, and no other gun requires this of me so it feels really unnatural.

I "replaced" the K40 (haven't actually sold it, but I'm thinking about it) with a Walther PPS - FANTASTIC gun, just as slim, very accurate, and an excellent trigger with short reset. It's a move from 40 to 9mm, but I'm OK with that. I still completely respect the Kahr, but I highly doubt I'll ever carry it again.

You'll be staging it in no time.

To the OP,
If you're interested, I posted a couple pictures of the Handall on my CW9 here.

got the handall...magically the gun points naturally at point of intended target now. :s0155:

now to work on getting used to that trigger and using the slide stop instead of sling shotting

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top