JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm fairly confident my next pistol purchase with be Kahr. My friend just picked one up and I love the way it fits in my hand and how light it is.

My local shop does not have the one I want (black slide) so I will have to order it through them. My main question is, what are the differences between the P45 and the CW45. I've heard they use cheaper parts on the CW but I've also heard they just don't refine the CW as much, hence the price difference. Anyone know?

I will be shooting a P45 before I make any purchase so that could either change my mind or seal the deal.

I've also looked at the PM45, but it's just a little to small for my hand.

Also while we are on the topic. What are some of the similar pistols to the P45/CW45 that aren't as pricey, but still have the same qualities I want, IE thin and light - aka no all metal 1911's.

Well night sights are going to be a must on this and since the CW45 doesn't come with NS and the front sight can't be removed it looks like the P45 is already taken a huge lead...

What other guns compare with the P45? I've heard the G36... I haven't held it... has anyone here held the G36 and the P45?

Judging by the photos the G36 looks a little short on the grip...

Yes, this is a recent development as of about October 09. At self defense ranges one should not need drift adj on both the front and rear. At least one would hope. ;)

Well it just makes for a different install. I don't know about the CW front post, but with the glocks, you have to "break" the factory front sight to get it off, and thus cannot be reinstalled again.

Also while we are on the topic. What are some of the similar pistols to the P45/CW45 that aren't as pricey, but still have the same qualities I want, IE thin and light - aka no all metal 1911's.

I'll tell you this ^ if you tell me where I can get a 1911 with Kimber quality at a RIA price.:s0114:

A friend bought a Taurus PT-745. It's probably "in the ballpark" on paper, but not really comparable in the real world.

Why ask on the board.

See the differences right from the manufacturer: <broken link removed>

The reason I ask on the boards is I want real world experience. I can get all the info on a new car by reading the pamphlet. I want to hear what people have to say in addition to my personal research at the shop and from what others have to say.

The reason I ask on the boards is I want real world experience. I can get all the info on a new car by reading the pamphlet. I want to hear what people have to say in addition to my personal research at the shop and from what others have to say.

Oh, then here's the real answer.

The difference is about $250. They both shoot the same.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top