JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, after much searching I found a nice Kahr CW45 (cheap!) at a pawn shop, and bought myself a Christmas present.

It came with only one mag, which I understand is how that model ships, and so I bought 3 factory mags from Cabela's.

I've had about 150 rounds through it since Christmas, and all four of the mags stick in the grip when I press the release. The mag will drop about 1/2", then I have to pluck it out. Obviously no bueno for what I had hoped would be my new everyday carry gun.

Research at Kahr forums reveals that most folks see the opposite issue with the CW45 mags; that they tend to drop out randomly. That's not the issue for me, at all.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this sticky mag issue with their CW45? And is there a gunsmith (preferably westside) anyone would care to recommend?

I want this resolved, because it's a sweet shooter! Other than the mag issue, a very nice compact .45..

thanks!

So, after much searching I found a nice Kahr CW45 (cheap!) at a pawn shop, and bought myself a Christmas present.

It came with only one mag, which I understand is how that model ships, and so I bought 3 factory mags from Cabela's.

I've had about 150 rounds through it since Christmas, and all four of the mags stick in the grip when I press the release. The mag will drop about 1/2", then I have to pluck it out. Obviously no bueno for what I had hoped would be my new everyday carry gun.

Research at Kahr forums reveals that most folks see the opposite issue with the CW45 mags; that they tend to drop out randomly. That's not the issue for me, at all.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this sticky mag issue with their CW45? And is there a gunsmith (preferably westside) anyone would care to recommend?

I want this resolved, because it's a sweet shooter! Other than the mag issue, a very nice compact .45..

thanks!
I have been carrying a CW45 for three or four years now. They're good guns and pretty easy to work on when needed. I haven't had either of the problems that you mentioned with the magazines. It could be that the mag release is bent/worn out/damaged somehow. Is the magazine well clean? Also, you can use 1911 mags in that thing too!

No, call them. Depending on the age of the gun, they may simply send you a mag release. They were trying to get all the plastic mag buttons replaced with metal ones. I've had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service. Even though the warranty says "original owner for 5 years" I've always gotten help from them even for old Kahrs that I bought used.

No, call them. Depending on the age of the gun, they may simply send you a mag release. They were trying to get all the plastic mag buttons replaced with metal ones. I've had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service. Even though the warranty says "original owner for 5 years" I've always gotten help from them even for old Kahrs that I bought used.
Email is fine.
Unless yer a geezer, then call.
I work with a geezer. I know how this works.

:D

I'd call Kahr. I recently picked up a new PM40 and had trouble reassembling it, one quick call and sent it back-fixed at no charge. I love the pistol as it disappears just about anywhere.

Email is fine.
Unless yer a geezer, then call.
I work with a geezer. I know how this works.

:D
So I figured out how to send them an email, and they sent me back a FedEx label. I sent the gun off with a description of the issue (and included, at their requests, the case and all the magazines) and it came back to me, via FedEx, in exactly two weeks with some parts replaced (including a new magazine to replace the OEM, which apparently was faulty).

Total cost: $0. I'm flabbergasted by the great customer service, and can't wait to get out there tomorrow and put 100 or so downrange.

I picked up a few boxes of Minuteman ammo at the gun show; anyone familiar with it?

So I figured out how to send them an email, and they sent me back a FedEx label. I sent the gun off with a description of the issue (and included, at their requests, the case and all the magazines) and it came back to me, via FedEx, in exactly two weeks with some parts replaced (including a new magazine to replace the OEM, which apparently was faulty).

Total cost: $0. I'm flabbergasted by the great customer service, and can't wait to get out there tomorrow and put 100 or so downrange.

I picked up a few boxes of Minuteman ammo at the gun show; anyone familiar with it?
I like everything except the "Minuteman" ammo.
This sounds like "gun show reloads" which are a no-no.
Well not exactly.
Gun show reloads are a big time no-no.

Bimart puts CCI Blazer Brass on sale very regularly.
Good range ammo for about .18 per round (9mm).

Last Edited:
I like everything except the "Minuteman" ammo.
This sounds like "gun show reloads" which are a no-no.
Well not exactly.
Gun show reloads are a big time no-no.

Bimart puts CCI Blazer Brass on sale very regularly.
Good range ammo for about .18 per round (9mm).

Thanks for the purchase, we hope you love our ammo. We are a local company out of Carson Washington and all of our ammo is made with ALL NEW Components! We currently don't make any reloads. Only Self Defense rounds with HP projectiles. -Minuteman Ammo
#minutemanammo #trainwiththeammoyoufightwith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top