JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Updated: for sale or trade (not trade only)

I will consider trading this Kahr K40, up or down, for anything on the list below. Other items will be considered but the chances are pretty slim I'd go beyond that list.

This is a K40 Elite 2003, bought new by me in 2003. It has factory night sights. A couple of years ago I decided that I did not like "shiny" carry guns (all my concealed handguns needed to be flat black), so I had John Baker at <broken link removed> CeraCoat it. That is a better coating than DuraCoat for anything that is going to be holstered (I've been told). It does show a bit of holster wear, and the coating has worn off of the end of the slide-lock lever from being reinserted after cleaning. This is a well cared for gun, cleaned after each trip to the range.

While coating it, John had to remove the night sights and the vile in the front one broke, so it was replaced -- since its newer (3 years old vs 6.5 years old) its a little bit brighter than the rear one, which is not a bad thing for finding targets quickly.

I carried this gun off and on for about 6 months, and I'd say it has about 250 +/- rounds through it over the years, the rest of the time its been properly stored. This gun has functioned flawlessly with every kind of ammo I've run through it. It does dent the brass on ejection, as many (all?) Kahrs do. I found the original factory box, but haven't found the manual. As I mentioned, it does have a little holster wear (its a bit dusty in the photos), and I can email larger images to anyone who needs to see it under magnification. I can also throw in the CompTac IWB holster -- but know that its a left-handed model.

One other thing to mention, you might notice the SN: 0002 -- I was told that Mr. Moon himself get's 0001 of any series (that might be a myth, can't verify one way or the other). Some people find serial numbers interesting.

I think the value of this gun is around $600 - o.b.o.

FTF Oregon only - within an hour's drive of Eugene - with DL and Bill of Sale. Sorry, no shipping.

For trades, at this point I am mostly focused on a .223 bolt action rifle.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.