JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have experience shooting the Sig P250, but other than being both polymer framed they're apples and oranges. Kahr is a DAO that is extremely thin and very well suited to be a CCW pistol. The Sig can be carried as well, but will take a bit more effort to hide. The Sig is DAO as well, but the trigger had a much shorter reset and is similar to most other Sigs. The Kahr is almost exactly like a double action revolver in reset, length, and smoothness.

Depending on what you want to use it for, both guns fill a niche rather well. I carry a CW9 myself, but I'd have no problems carrying or using either for home defense. I do feel the Sig could be better suited to HD while the Kahr suited more for carry.

I have not shot the Sig, but did own a PM40, and my brother-in-law has the CW9. Great triggers though they do take some getting used to, long and smooth. The grip takes some getting used to also, because it is very narrow, and you can't limp wrist it. The Kahrs are not reliable right out of the box, from my experience and from what I have read. You really do need to go through the break in period to get them running well, but once you do they are very reliable and accurate if you do your part. These guns are perfect for CCW, and bargain price for the quality IMO.

I love the subcompact 250. alittle thick but fits good in the hand..
:s0155:

DSC01248.jpg

I have the P250 in compact and fullsize: 9mm, 40 and .45.
I've never been a DAO fan: I've changed my mind and really like this pistol for cc.
Tried the Kahr's and don't like their trigger, too long a pull.
The sig trigger is very smooth, not too heavy, and just the right length of pull for me.
The compact is very close to a P239 in size, good to carry.
Haven't got a sub...yet.

The Sig, because they aren't owned by a crazy religious cult as far as I know.

Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 10, 1999; Page A1

With parts of its sprawling business empire in decline, the Unification Church headed by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon is finding profits in one of the least-known of its commercial ventures: making guns.

Moon's four-year-old gun company, Kahr Arms, has prospered amid glowing reviews for the workmanship of its small but potent pistols. Last month, Kahr Arms expanded, purchasing the company that manufactures Tommy guns, fabled in Roaring '20s mob shootouts from speeding black sedans.

The ties between Kahr Arms and the Unification Church headed by Moon have received almost no notice, both within the close-knit gun industry and among church members. The business arm of the church, whose members believe that Moon is the Messiah and was placed on earth to restore the Garden of Eden, declined to clarify its involvement in the gun business.

One ex-member said that for years church leaders have tried to obscure the movement's involvement with Kahr Arms. "They were afraid if anti-cult groups found out, they'd have a field day," the former member said.

But an examination of corporate records and interviews with experts on the secretive Moon empire demonstrate the links between the church's business network and Kahr Arms. Kahr, whose factory is in Worcester, Mass., is controlled by Kook Jin "Justin" Moon, 28, the elder Moon's fourth son and slated to be second-in-command of the multibillion-dollar Moon empire when the 79-year-old father dies. Justin Moon and his siblings are revered by church members as the Messiah's "True Children."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/march99/moon10.htm

Justin Moon has many times stated that his business has nothing to do with his father's church. Please try to remain on topic, gun comparison threads have nothing to do with religion.

I got rained out today but had a chance to put another 50 rounds through my CW9. The only hiccup I had was when trying to rack the slide by hand; it hung up a couple of times but was 100% with the slidestop.

If you're looking to carry and like revolver triggers the Kahr is your ticket.

holster.jpg

Hard to beat a kahr in a M-Tach IWB for everyday carry. I've carried my PM-9 that way for the past year and a half..very comfortable, and very reliable set up.

Justin Moon has many times stated that his business has nothing to do with his father's church.

Of course, the son of a megalomaniacal cult leader would never lie, would he?

It's perfectly relevant to point this out about Kahr, just like you might choose to boycott any other business you don't agree with.

Asked about the tie between the gun firm and the church enterprises, One Up Enterprises Inc., the holding company over many of the church's businesses, said in a statement that it "is not involved with the operations of Saeilo Inc." Asked to elaborate, One Up said it "does not release financial information to the public." Saeilo Inc. said its gun venture is profitable.

An examination of the Saeilo firms' data filed with federal agencies, the telephone company and business reporting firms leaves no doubt that Saeilo Inc. is connected to the rest of the Moon empire.

The church's One Up has long acknowledged that Saeilo Machinery (USA) Inc., a machine tool firm, is an outright subsidiary of One Up. In statements to Dun & Bradstreet and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Saeilo Inc. and Saeilo Machinery describe themselves as "affiliates." The two firms' headquarters share a telephone number at the same address in Blauvelt, N.Y.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/march99/moon10.htm

So, if a Mormon makes guns are we to refuse to buy them too? Freedom of religion is, and should always be, as basic a right as gun ownership in this country. As long as they aren't hurting anyone who gives a ____ what they believe? And just because it is different than what you think that doesn't mean they are fanatics or crazy. Bottom line, Kahr makes great guns, even if it is tied to a church. Which is an assumption not fact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top