Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kahr CW9 or Sig P250

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by cash$$cow, Jun 9, 2010.

1. cash$$cow

cash$$cow Eastern Wa Member

I am looking at both. Give me your 2cents...........

2. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

I don't have experience shooting the Sig P250, but other than being both polymer framed they're apples and oranges. Kahr is a DAO that is extremely thin and very well suited to be a CCW pistol. The Sig can be carried as well, but will take a bit more effort to hide. The Sig is DAO as well, but the trigger had a much shorter reset and is similar to most other Sigs. The Kahr is almost exactly like a double action revolver in reset, length, and smoothness.

Depending on what you want to use it for, both guns fill a niche rather well. I carry a CW9 myself, but I'd have no problems carrying or using either for home defense. I do feel the Sig could be better suited to HD while the Kahr suited more for carry.

3. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have not shot the Sig, but did own a PM40, and my brother-in-law has the CW9. Great triggers though they do take some getting used to, long and smooth. The grip takes some getting used to also, because it is very narrow, and you can't limp wrist it. The Kahrs are not reliable right out of the box, from my experience and from what I have read. You really do need to go through the break in period to get them running well, but once you do they are very reliable and accurate if you do your part. These guns are perfect for CCW, and bargain price for the quality IMO.

4. Lloyd Braun

Lloyd Braun Vancouver Active Member

a buddy of mine got a cw9 and loves it. :thumbup:

5. ShelbyT

ShelbyT BeaverTOWN New Member

I love the subcompact 250. alittle thick but fits good in the hand..
    :thumbup:

DSC01248.jpg

6. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I have the P250 in compact and fullsize: 9mm, 40 and .45.
    I've never been a DAO fan: I've changed my mind and really like this pistol for cc.
    Tried the Kahr's and don't like their trigger, too long a pull.
    The sig trigger is very smooth, not too heavy, and just the right length of pull for me.
    The compact is very close to a P239 in size, good to carry.
    Haven't got a sub...yet.

7. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

The Sig, because they aren't owned by a crazy religious cult as far as I know.

8. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

Justin Moon has many times stated that his business has nothing to do with his father's church. Please try to remain on topic, gun comparison threads have nothing to do with religion.

I got rained out today but had a chance to put another 50 rounds through my CW9. The only hiccup I had was when trying to rack the slide by hand; it hung up a couple of times but was 100% with the slidestop.

If you're looking to carry and like revolver triggers the Kahr is your ticket.

holster.jpg

9. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Hard to beat a kahr in a M-Tach IWB for everyday carry. I've carried my PM-9 that way for the past year and a half..very comfortable, and very reliable set up.

10. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Of course, the son of a megalomaniacal cult leader would never lie, would he?

It's perfectly relevant to point this out about Kahr, just like you might choose to boycott any other business you don't agree with.

11. Phillyfan

So, if a Mormon makes guns are we to refuse to buy them too? Freedom of religion is, and should always be, as basic a right as gun ownership in this country. As long as they aren't hurting anyone who gives a ____ what they believe? And just because it is different than what you think that doesn't mean they are fanatics or crazy. Bottom line, Kahr makes great guns, even if it is tied to a church. Which is an assumption not fact.

12. Phillyfan

Oh yeah, let's not buy any guns made in Germany either, because they are tied to the Nazis.