JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may be a dumb question but will a lower grain ammo, like a 165 vs 180 give a 40 S&W a little less recoil, I put 150 rounds of remington umc 180 through my new Kahr CW40 and it about killed my hand, the slide locked back with a loaded magazine and I am assuming that it was due to to me lipm wristing it after a while, any thoughts. It had no ftf or fte though.

Love my Kahr, but the checkering on the backstrap is brutal. I had to put a Handall Jr. on mine and that solved my issues. I am definitely not the only one to experience this.

Perhaps that is why you started feeling the recoil more?

Yea I think I will have to pick up a good slip on grip, its the backstrap that chews up the inner web of my hand ( if that makes any sense ) from your experience with kahrs what do you thik causes the slide to lock back with ammo in the mag , it only hanpened a few times at the end of my 150 round brake in, i'm really hopeing it's just my mistake , really not wanting to have to send it in.

The precieved recoil is less in heaveier bullets depending on the powder used. My brother just did some testing of 165 gr using hs-6 vs 180 gr using hp-38. he like the 180's better.
the inner web you refer to is the thumb webbing and I am pretty certain it was limp wristing that caused the issues. I used a houge slip on grip on an HK I had becuse the checkering was to aggressive for my hand.

I know exactly how you are feeling. First time I shot my cm9 it hurt my hand a bit. I can just imagine the snappier .40 being even more harsh. But after a lot of repeated shooting and practice, the perceived recoil and what pain you are feeling your first day simply goes away. Keep shooting it over time and soon enough you won't even notice what you are feeling now.

As to the slide staying open but no ftf's or fte's, are you death gripping the gun because of the recoil and accidentally bumping the slide stop? That seems to be the only thing I can think of.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top