JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About the only complaints I've read are that the metal slide can start to wear away at the plastic rails on the poly frame. Kahr says that the slide only relies on the metal tabs on the front and rear and that it isn't a big deal. I know I've seen someone with pictures on here before. Other than that they have a nice smooth trigger once broken in and carry really nice.

I had a khar p-40 real nice trigger, small good size but real snappy with the .40
I had the mag release brake at 200 rds using the 7rd mag & one magazine fallower brake
Khar warranty all parts (nice customer service) but I didn't trust my life to it any more
I also had some of the polymer ware off from the front dust cover this gun was bought new in 2006 & sold in 2008 lost lots of $$. Ps you shouldn't in sert loaded mag & then rack slide / read manual

Update I bought a glock 23 .40 after selling kahr p40
The glock is yes heavier and bigger but after 800 rds not one hiccup
I Also had Jim glock armor (from the pdx gun show) slick up trigger better now than the khar Was
Plus the glock has 13+1 capacity Khar 6+1 ???
Just buy a good IWB holster

Update I bought a glock 23 .40 after selling kahr p40
The glock is yes heavier and bigger but after 800 rds not one hiccup
I Also had Jim glock armor (from the pdx gun show) slick up trigger better now than the khar Was
Plus the glock has 13+1 capacity Khar 6+1 ???
Just buy a good IWB holster

Kinda the same way I went. Sold my PM40 after making a nice Kydex/Leather IWB for my Glock 26, it conceals about the same but draws easier (due to longer grip). Plus it's a Glock, I liked my PM40, and suspect the CW40 would be very similar though a little bigger, but I like the Glock better.

ended up buying a cw 40 got it for 330 out the door shot it last weekend ran real nice, its definatley a keeper i really wanted one but read so many horror stories i was kinda scared at first but i got a good one i belive and at a great price

I have carried a cw 9 for about 3 years now and loved everything about the gun until recently. I am currently forced to replace the trigger spring, slide spring, and a few other pieces due to the fact that i carry it iwb and i sweat at work in the summer. These pieces and some others are rusted beyond repair and Kahr said no warranty will cover this. A simple fix to this seems to be stainless springs but they are not offered.
I take excellent care of this gun, puting around 25-40 rounds a month thru it and then giving it a thorough cleaning and oiling before puting it back in my iwb holster.
So if you carry iwb you better be cleaning and oiling that gun weekly.
I am considering switching to the stainless kimber solo but am concerned about their customer service reputation. I have a crimson carry i wouldn't trade for anything so i haven't dealt with kimbers customer srvice.
I am wandering if i would have the same problems with this gun.And if so, does anybody know of a comparable size/weight/quality gun you would recommend that i might not have the rust problem with?
Thanks in advance for your time,
Brian