JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again, - I will not give up on the gun and I'll let you all know later after many more rounds have been fired, even if I have to open a new thread by then. I do not believe that my wrists are "limp" in this case. But I will let my friends shot this gun as well. I've been shooting and hunting for over 35 years...not that we had these pocket 9's back then...I understand. Until I can get back to the range with several different boxes of ammo - I will conclude on a positive note: This little CM9 is an amazingly accurate shooter when it does cycle correctly, (another reason why I do not think that I am "limp wristing"). Until later.....

I had like 3 ftfs in my first 50 with some reloads, but that was all. I'm only at about 80 rounds. I had zero issues with 147 grain loads. Perhaps that is part of the solution? I didn't have any ftfs with any hollow point defense loads regardless of weight. I would avoid light bullets though.

BTW, this was with my CM 9...

And as far as break-in goes, it doesn't bother me a bit. What a terrible sentence to have to put 200 rounds through your pistol.
I bought a brand new Ducati and couldn't take it past 3,000 rpm for the first 1200 miles, I didn't complain once!

BTW, this was with my CM 9...

And as far as break-in goes, it doesn't bother me a bit. What a terrible sentence to have to put 200 rounds through your pistol.
I bought a brand new Ducati and couldn't take it past 3,000 rpm for the first 1200 miles, I didn't complain once!
For a gun it is imo. Comparing Bikes and guns isn't the same. There are many guns that don't need break in .Why is there a needed break in?? I have cheap Colts that never needed break in. FTF is reasonable and being a picky eater is but why is the a "magic" 200 round break in and he gun still may not work? I know ppl who have gone beyond the 200rd mark and still problems. Theres ppl who never had problems. Ppl who break in and works great. Just to me that doesn't work. There many guns that work when bought straight out the box..FWIW it's a great looking gun JMO

I guess I was lucky but my PM9 has not had any issues at all, even from the start. I only have about 500 rounds through it. I shoot primarily 115gr Lellier & Bellot $9.99/box ammo. Love it!

I guess I was lucky but my PM9 has not had any issues at all, even from the start. I only have about 500 rounds through it. I shoot primarily 115gr Lellier & Bellot $9.99/box ammo. Love it!
Sure I haven't kept up on the Pm9. Dunno if ppl had problems with that or not? I would be more upset with that because it cost more. But to me when ppl send the gun back and they replace the slide and seen it back dunno seems like the coulda just polished the gun so it would work correctly?? Dunno. I guess I just expect to much when i buy something and want it to work correctly?? Dunno?? Like I said there ppl with problems after the break in.

I have or have owned 5 Kahr handguns and have never had a single malfunction with any of them either with reloads or factory ammo.

See thats what I would expect. Is one of the a Cm9? When I've had gun problems sometimes it is a mag problem. Thats why it's nice to have 2 mags come with you gun.

Kahr seems to be a quality brand and if mine malfunctioned as much as yours I would be all over the customer service line. Not in a hostile way but I would expect them to fix or replace the gun.

2 things:

1) Get another magazine and mark the different mags and see if it is mag related.

2) Shoot pistol 500X

And then go from there.

A lot of people complain about the break in but if it is a carry piece you should shoot the snot out of it first anyway....I dont care who made it. Besides - those failures give you excellent malfunction drills.

My P40 had issues in the first 200 but now runs like a swiss watch.

I bought a CM9 and it had a pretty serious burr on the slide that was causing gouges in the plastic frame it was also slowing down the slide. If you were having this problem I can see how it could cause 50% fail rate

I found the burr on the first tear down and filed it off then smothed the frame a little bit with fine sand paper. If you don't find this to be the problem I would get a new mag either a kahr or I've heard that some people have better luck with the promags.

2 things:

1) Get another magazine and mark the different mags and see if it is mag related.

2) Shoot pistol 500X

And then go from there.

A lot of people complain about the break in but if it is a carry piece you should shoot the snot out of it first anyway....I dont care who made it. Besides - those failures give you excellent malfunction drills.

My P40 had issues in the first 200 but now runs like a swiss watch.

I disagree. Yes you need to shoot the **** out of your gun before carry. But some ppl have Cm9 never have a problem,some they need break in some never get it right.It's a Qc problem. IF almost all the guns needed a break in then worked flawless then fine. Theres to many variables. IMO if I can buy a Colt mustang for $299 and never have a problem. Then every gun should be like this. I have 2 no problems. And I never read of anyone having problems. FTF sure but not like some ppl wright about. If thats all it needed was a break in period I woul buy one today. I like that gun. JMO

I just put 230 rounds through my brand new CM9, 200 were 115 grain fmjs (umc/pmc/s&b/federal) and 30 were some winchester white box 147gr jhps. It shot all of it perfectly. I did follow the kahr talk suggestions of cleaning, lubing, racking the slide 500 times and polishing the underside of the mag's feed lips before I shot it.

I disagree. Yes you need to shoot the **** out of your gun before carry. But some ppl have Cm9 never have a problem,some they need break in some never get it right.It's a Qc problem.

Bullbubblegum.

This is the internet, and those people saying their guns didn't need break-in are full of it and/or too proud or something.

If you have a brand new Kahr, and during break-in you had zero issues with going full battery, FTF, or FTE.. You are either blessed by something fancy, or your gun is used. Send it back for a new one.

Bullbubblegum.

This is the internet, and those people saying their guns didn't need break-in are full of it and/or too proud or something.

If you have a brand new Kahr, and during break-in you had zero issues with going full battery, FTF, or FTE.. You are either blessed by something fancy, or your gun is used. Send it back for a new one.
What are you talking about? Kahr? Or guns in general? I've had many guns that shoot there first 500 rounds with no problems or very few ftf. But No Kahrs. I mean to say I have no experiance with Kahrs.

I disagree. Yes you need to shoot the **** out of your gun before carry. But some ppl have Cm9 never have a problem,some they need break in some never get it right.It's a Qc problem. IF almost all the guns needed a break in then worked flawless then fine. Theres to many variables. IMO if I can buy a Colt mustang for $299 and never have a problem. Then every gun should be like this. I have 2 no problems. And I never read of anyone having problems. FTF sure but not like some ppl wright about. If thats all it needed was a break in period I woul buy one today. I like that gun. JMO

Running the ammo through the gun is good for YOU and the gun... If you buy a tiny little centerfire pistol you are not buying it not for USPSA or Bullseye shooting.... You are buying it on the possibility that you might have to shoot someone with it.

This potential event would be kinda like the superbowl of YOUR LIFE.... The quarterback in the superbowl has probably thrown more than 500 passes in practice, and that is just for a game, for money. You are playing for something a little more valuable.... Just my $0.02 but I meet a lot of people who buy some little pocket rocket.... complain about the cost of ammo, shoot half a box and think, "I'm good."