JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello NWFA,

I am exploring optic options for a generalist/RECCE rifle. Exploring between a Kahles LPVO or adding a Eotech Magnifier to my existing Eotech Holo sight

223/5.56 16" 1:7 twist AR-15. Using 55gr and up
0-500 yards
Quick acquisition at closer ranges
Enough magnification just in case for hunting/competition shooting/SHTF

Like how the magnifier can flip to the side and works well with the holosight I already own. Don't like the idea of ~2" eye relief
Like how the LPVO can go 1x up and doesn't take batteries. Haven't ever used a LPVO/Scope before so I am unsure of weight/speed of target acquisition. Expensive.

Only have one rifle currently, so I am torn between just upgrading my Eotech with a magnifier, or just diving into having a high end scope. Your input is greatly appreciated

Last Edited:
I would hands down go with the Kahles. No experience with the K18i but I do have a K16i w/ SM1 reticle on my go to carbine and cannot recommend it enough. It has the best glass of any optic I've tried and I've used most of the top brands including Nightforce, Leupold, Vortex and Steiner to name a few.

The Kahles weighs 16.9oz, Eotechs weighs 9-11oz with their G33 magnifier weighs another 11oz making the LPVO lighter and taking up less real-estate on the receiver rail. I also find the magnifiers in the offset position blocks my field of view more than like and is awkwardly balanced compared to my Kahles. BTW the Kahles has an illuminated reticle and does take batteries, it carries a spare battery on board and has an auto shut-off to preserve battery life, (which is a big help IMO, I kill my Vortex batteries on a regular basis leaving them on).

The Kahles K16i is the most red dot like LPVO I've run across in that is has a very forgiving eyebox and with the SM1 reticle is very fast on target, it also has the wider FOV of any scope in its class.

Like @titsonritz said. Hands down Kahles... Love mine.

20181209_205043.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews