JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for your responses.

K-22, I have taken them out and tested them and have been very pleased with them, although I have nothing really to compare them to. I had searched for some user reviews but couldn't find any myself.

Tac, I sure hope you didn't read my post as ungrateful! I was very excited to receive the gift and felt as though they must be a quality piece of equipment. I am just a researcher and was surprised at the lack of details available online, which is why I turned to the knowledge of the users on this forum to ask what people knew. For most other products, even discontinued products you can still find pages of specifications and reviews.

They are some of the best glass you can find - and for free? No brainer. Some will always have to dis anything but Swaro, oh well. You are on your way, check bino's off your list and move on the next thing you need.

That Shooting Times article was interesting. "Zeiss actually apprenticed with Kahles before he began his own optics company. Another fact is that Kahles was the first company to produce a variable riflescope.

Unfortunately, when Berlin was divided after World War II, the Kahles facility ended up on the "wrong" side of the wall. It wasn't until that divider came down that Kahles once again became truly available to westerners. Today, Kahles is part of the Swarovski network of companies, and its optics are available to us in the States."

About that glassing with the rifle scope - not a warm and fuzzy feeling on the receiving end of that. :s0001:

Cheers, good luck.

Last Edited:
Sounds like you got a nice pair of Bino's I have shot photography through some of the best glass ever made. I always wanted a good pair of Bino's but when the money was available I always ended up with something else.

For the wifes birthday this year we went to the coast for a few days. On the way we stopped at a garage sale. Walking around not finding anything I needed bad enough to haul around with us. I spotted a Bino case on a table in the back. I walked over popped the case open and there were the words Asahi Pentax and Gold colored coating on the Objective lenses. WOW I brought them up and they were as good as any Nikon or other "modern" set I had been looking at. They are a top of the line model from the late 70's and for the $20 I paid most likely the last pair of 7 x 50's I will ever buy. Using them at the coast was amazing the detail they reveled.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top