JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up my first fixed blade knife for general preparedness (and SHTF) use and have decided to take a look at Ka-Bars. Good, long reputation for being tough as nails and plentiful, from what I've heard.

Trouble is, I don't know the first thing about where to buy and which one(s) to look for. There seems to be a lot of variety of Ka-Bar types out there (e.g. 1212, 1271, etc). All I know is that I need to stay away from stainless steel and than a synthetic grip's probably a good idea.

I could use your guys' knowledge here!

It is stout and is well suited for general purpose chores a knife would be expected to do. I wouldn't call it a combat knife but more of a utility tool for working in the woods or outdoors. There are some good reviews on youtube and I wrote a little something up about mine here...http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/non-firearm-weapons/21279-bringing-knife-gun-forum.html

K-bar has many other good offerings as well so good luck in choosing one that suits you.

Thanks for your reply!

What would you say the difference would be between the Becker Companion you've got and the Ka-Bar Bull Dozier?

i'm no knife aficionado, but the Next Gen Kabar i bought about a decade ago has served me fine. it doesn't get used daily, or even close to it, but i was once quite the woodsman, and it got a lot of use for the first few years i had it. good utility/survival knife.

i got married, and my gallivanting ended, but it still gets used a week or two out of the year for buck season. sharpens up nicely, doesn't rust.. what more could i want?

Thanks for the suggestions / input, guys. I ended up going with the Ka-Bar Becker BK2 that bt reviewed. With any luck, I'll get it int he mail by this weekend!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top