JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys,
I own a Ka-Bar TDI with a 2 5/16" blade and I'm wondering if it's legal to carry in Portland. I was hoping to use an NSR horizontal belt sheath with it. Is this legal to carry?
I tried the search engine but it wasn't working very well.
Thanks, Tom

Not legal to conceal a fixed blade, auto, gravity, or assisted knife in oregon. You can carry anything openly, but concealed it is a "dangerous weapon."

Fixed blades are legal to conceal in Oregon. Unless they have a dagger type blade.

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

Also, I know of no one who has been charged for carrying an assisted opening knife. If you ever are, contact Kershaw, Benchmade and Gerber. They are all Oregon companies who manufacture assisted opening knives. Their legal team will come to your aid. Kershaw has done this in the past in other states.

However, if you are in Multnomah County, you might be charged for concealing a wooden tooth pic.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads